News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice calling out double

Started by Mazal, November 12, 2014, 06:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazal

Since this morning when making a call from Phone line 1 (Google Voice), my OBI 202 makes the call twice simultaneously. When the other party answers, the other call keeps ringing or the voicemail of the other party answers, all while I am already talking to the person.
I have tried several solutions :
Using a OBI 110 that I also have : same problem
Deleting the other SP's : same problem
Routing my Google Voice through Anveo : same problem
As per advice from OBIHAI support I have deleted Google Chat from GV settings and then reactivated...
Nothing works ....
Does anyone have an idea what is going on ?

drgeoff

Maybe a fault with GV that only they can fix?

FormerYooper

Had a similar issue awhile back with GV on my OBi 100.  I would make a call and then my cell phone (which is one of my GV forwarding numbers), would start to ring.  The call on my cell would be from my GV number Went into GV settings ... then to the "Calls" tab, and under that ... go down & look for "Call Options."  There will be a box to the right of "Call Options."  I unchecked it ... when checked, it enables recording, switch & conference calls.  Once unchecked, the problem stopped.  Try it ... it may work for you.   ;)

mrjoe

I think it is most likely your RJ11 cable or phone.

What is likely happening is similar to if you would plug a double adapter in to a phone and then plug 2 lines in to it.

I used to do it when I was younger to make service center agents and rival Taxi firms etc... "talk to each other" while I had a good laugh ☺

jaholman14

This is also happening to me using PhonePower.  I have a splitter plugged into the phone jack, with an all-in-one plugged into one side and the analog phone plugged into the other.  Could this be the problem?

SteveInWA

There is no Google Voice issue that would cause this, and there have been no other reports of this symptom with Google Voice.

You likely have some sort of configuration mistake on your OBi.  I could speculate, but it's not worth guessing.  The best approach would be to:

• Log into your OBiTALK web portal page, and completely delete the OBi device off of your account.
  • Wait a few minutes for the device to be deleted and remotely reset.
  • Unplug the Ethernet and power plugs from the OBi.  Remove all but ONE telephone cord/phone attached to the device.  Plug in just the power plug and let it boot up.
  • Pick up the phone handset and key in ***8 then 1 to restore the device to factory defaults.  Wait patiently for it to restore, reset and reboot.  After the LEDs stop flashing, remove the power plug, then re-attach the Ethernet cable, and then re-attach the power plug.  Wait while it boots up.
  • At this point, you will have an unconfigured OBi, with only one telephone set, directly attached to the OBi.
  • Go back to your OBiTALK portal page, and use the **5 procedure to add the OBi back to your account.
  • Using the portal, set up one, and only one, SP (SP1), with one service provider; either Google Voice or a SIP provider.  Do NOT make any further customizations nor access the device via its local web page.
  • Test both inbound and outbound calling using that SP and its phone number.

Before doing anything else to the device, report back here with the results.