News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo SIP URIs on ObiTalk accounts

Started by xpr722946ghd, May 07, 2017, 04:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpr722946ghd

Hi Folks.

I've read that you can access in bound Sip URIl for Anveo via 1555xxxxxxxx@sip.anveo.com

This seems to work, but the Sip URI is for the extension of the Obi device.

Is there a SIP URI that directs to the Call Flow?  That would be much more useful to me.

I know other Anveo accounts allow the creation of additional inbound SIP trunks.  Unfortunately the ObiTalk account I have does not allow me to create extra trunks  :(

Does my one Call Flow have a SIP URI?  If so, how do I determine it?

Taoman

I've only ever had a free Anveo account and I experience exactly what you experience when forwarding to Anveo via SIP URI. No call flow available nor is just about any other feature.

I "think" you have to create your own SIP address/trunk within your Anveo account in order to be able to forward to it via SIP URI and use call flow and other features but I'm not sure.
Then if you're forwarding to a SIP trunk via SIP URI I think platform minutes come into play and the number of free platform minutes you have is dependent on your subscription type.

Try using the following search string in Google and read some of the posts:

anveo sip trunk site:dslreports.com

xpr722946ghd

Quote from: Taoman on May 07, 2017, 05:55:50 PM

Try using the following search string in Google and read some of the posts:

anveo sip trunk site:dslreports.com

I've been scouring the DSL Reports site.  That's where I learned the 1555xxxx trick.
Some people there mentioned 1555xxxxx-[GUID]@sip.anveo.com as a means to access the Call Flow.  However I have no idea what the GUID is.  xxxxx being the account number.

Taoman

Quote....There are two ways to do this. One way does go through Anveo call flow the other does not. You should be aware that if you go through Anveo call flow you use "platform minutes" and after you have used your daily allocation you pay 1.5 cents per minute. As far as I can tell calls are rounded up to the next minute.

Anyway, in the first case you need to create a SIP address to forward to. You can do this from the dashboard using IVR/Call Flow | Inbound SIP Trunk for IVR Call Flow then Add a new inbound SIP. You will need to assign the SIP trunk to a call flow.

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4478.msg29322#msg29322

QuoteSIP Trunk For IVR Call Flow Call Flow Variables
When Anveo Call Flow is executed via 'Inbound SIP Trunk for Call Flow' all parameters which were passed via SIP URI will be available via Call Flow Variables as VARIABLE1, VARIABLE2 - VARIABLEXXX where VARIABLE1 corresponds to the first Call Flow parameter etc.
QuoteSIP Call Flow Item
CALL.FORWARD.RESULT

SIP Call Flow Item populates CALL.FORWARD.RESULT Call Flow variable with Call Result. CALL.FORWARD.RESULT can have one of the following values:
* ERROR - There was an error calling SIP Device.
* ANSWER - The call was answered.
* UNAVAILABLE - SIP Device is not available. Usually it means SIP device is offline.
* BUSY - SIP Device is busy.
* NOANSWER
http://www.anveo.com/faq.asp?code=faq_callflowvariables
Scroll down to "SIP Trunk For IVR Call Flow Call Flow Variables."

xpr722946ghd

Yes, the simple SIP URI works : 1555xxxxxxxx@sip.anveo.com but like I said it just rings the Obi.  I doesn't go via the Call Flow so it is actually quite limiting.

The ObiTalk account I have with Anveo does not permit creation of Inbound Sip Trunks, so it seems I am unable to do this unless I change subscription type.