News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SOS obi110 not dialing out - all of a sudden

Started by RobertThompson, May 15, 2017, 12:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertThompson

Hello:

All of a sudden my obi110/anveo system stopped working. I get a dial tone. I can call the echo test.

I cannot reach any dialed number. After dialing I get empty air. The obi says that it is registered. anveo says that it is registered.

This happened over night. It worked fine yesterday. No changes were made to the system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob.
Rob.

www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

Taoman

What does the Call History on your OBi device show for those calls?

I had a somewhat similar issue happen to me yesterday on my OBi110. Even though my VoIP.ms trunk was registered I couldn't receive any inbound calls. Outbound calls worked fine. I checked the CDR on the VoIP.ms portal and I could see the incoming calls were hitting VoIP.ms as expected. I then used a softphone and registered to the same account. Incoming calls worked fine so I knew the problem was with my OBi device. I futzed around for about half an hour trying to figure out the problem but I had made no changes and could see no issue.

So I blew away my VoIP.ms configuration on the OBi and remade it. That got things working again and it's been fine since. You might try registering to Anveo with a softphone if that's an option for you and see if things work or not. At some point you have to measure your time spent troubleshooting against simply deleting and remaking your Anveo trunk configuration.

RobertThompson

Thanks Toaman. :)

I did what you suggested but to no avail.

Cannot call in or out on Anveo.

Setup voip.ms on SP2 and can call in and out with no problem.

Any further suggestions, anyone?

Thanks,

Rob.
Rob.

Taoman

Quote from: RobertThompson on May 15, 2017, 02:42:28 PM

I did what you suggested but to no avail.

Really? Then what did you see in the OBi call history after attempting an outbound call?

Which softphone did you use to test your Anveo account? Were you able to register to Anveo?

Can you see the incoming calls under Calls Received in the Anveo web portal?

RobertThompson

Hi Toaman:

I don't see "Obi Call History" under Expert Configuration...

I see nothing under "Call Status".
I see nothing under "SP1 & SP2 Call Stats"

I see no outgoing call in Anveo CDR

If I call in, the phone does not ring but I do see the call in the Anveo CDR.

Rob.
Rob.

Taoman

Quote from: RobertThompson on May 17, 2017, 10:59:19 AM

I don't see "Obi Call History" under Expert Configuration...

You need to use the local gui interface by accessing your OBi directly via its local ip address. In Expert Configuration under Status->System Status make note of your "IPAddress." Then use your browser to go to that address. Default password for both user name and password is admin. Under Status view your Call History.

Did you obtain your Anveo subscription thru the Obitalk web portal by selecting Anveo as an "Approved Service Provider?" If so, how did you go about deleting your current Anveo configuration and remaking it? If you have an Anveo for Obitalk subscription then you would need to remake it by following this page and selecting the button that says "To restore an existing Anveo account click here."

https://www.anveo.com/faqobitalk.asp?code=obitalk_general

Jackson

RobertThompson

Reply to Toaman & Jackson:

Thank you. :)

For whatever reason, this Obi110 is now working fine with Anveo...

I am having a problem with a new obi 200 with a "Anveo for Obitalk" subscription but will create a separate post.

Thanks again for you time,
Rob.