News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Custom Redial Digit Code (Or Using A Non Star Code To Dial A Star Code

Started by Steve56, May 19, 2017, 10:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve56

I'd like my Obi to redial the telephone number of the last incoming phone call by dialing 1169. Is there an ability to configure the telephone port's digit map to execute a star code command (I believe it's *69) when a string of digits is dialed like 1169?

azrobert

Star Codes are not required to contain a star.
Modify the star code to:
1169, Call Return, call($Lcn)

Steve56

Thanks AZRobert! Is there a way to maintain the conventional star code functionality (of requiring a star) but to also create a custom non star code that will execute a star code command?

I'd like to leave in place the functionality of *69 but also to replicate and make it accessible to rotary phones that cannot dial a *. The POTS service in this area allows rotary phones to redial the last number by dialing 1169. Is there anyway to keep a star code functional but to also allow it to function when called upon by dialing certain digits like 1169?

azrobert

Just use one of the open slots to define 1169 and leave *69 unchanged.

Steve56

Thanks for that. I always assumed that a star code function could only be executed with a star code. My redial non-star code is 1169, Call Return, call($Lcn) and works perfectly!