News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cell phone connected via bluetooth - cell calls no longer ring on the Obi1062

Started by CathyR, May 23, 2017, 10:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CathyR

I have an Obi1062. I have had my cell phone (iPhone 6) connected via the built in Bluetooth for over a year. Calls to my cell phone would ring on both the cell phone AND the obi1062 - which is what I want. This is no longer working.

I have rebooted both phones.
I have turned off the Bluetooth on the iPhone and reconnected.
I have selected "forget this device" on the iPhone and then reconnected to Obi1062.

I am using GV. I have not made any changes; it just stopped working. This is my office phone and I like my cell calls to ring on the Obi1062. It was very convenient. Any ideas on how to fix??

drgeoff

Please clarify.

A GV number and a cellphone number.  Calls to the cellphone number ring the cellphone OK. The Obiphone and GV are configured such that calls to the GV number are forwarded directly to the Obiphone ie 'Chat' ticked in Settings at google.com/voice. Incoming calls to the GV number reach the Obiphone OK.

Are you also forwarding incoming calls to the GV number to the cellphone number?

You have paired* the cellphone Bluetooth with the Obiphone Bluetooth and expect all calls to the cellphone number to also ring the Obiphone over the Bluetooth link. Have you looked at the Call History on the Obiphone to see if those calls are reaching the phone.  If they are you need to examine the InBoundCallRoute for the Bluetooth  service on the Obi and check it is set to 'ph'. (Without the quotes.)

* The Obi needs to be seen by the phone as a 'handsfree' or 'headset' device or whatever the Apple termare   If you use another mode eg to load contacts, that is not compatible with your desired operation.

CathyR

Yes, 'Chat' is selected in the Google Voice. My GV number rings on my obi just fine. My cellphone receives calls just fine with my carrier unique number. My cellphone also receives GV calls through Hangouts just fine.

It is the Bluetooth with Obi that is no longer working.

I pair my cellphone via the built in Bluetooth of the Obi1062 phone. In the past, when my cell number - (my carrier's number - not the GV) received a call, it would ring both the cell and the Obi -- using the Obi as a headset, if you will. Now they are paired; but, the cell doesn't ring on the Obi. I can see the Obi as an audio device on my cell phone; but, when I select it, the call audio does not go through the Obi. My caller is just put on hold, if you will.

Yes, 'ph' with the quotes is in the InBoundCallRoute for Bluetooth.