News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Forward ringtone indication... not working

Started by N1KMP, June 02, 2017, 07:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N1KMP

I got OBi110 set to only forward LI1 to SP1 per:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12725.msg81756#msg81756

I am using the default ringtone profiles and it is set to A.

I was expecting that when I picked up a phone connected to the phone side of OBi that I'd hear a ringtone specifically identifying the line as forwarded.  That is not the case.  Same ringtone forwarded or not.

- Should I have a distinct ringtone is I forward only LI1 to SP1? 
- Any other thoughts on how to enable a distinct ringtone when forwarding only one line?

drgeoff

You mean dial tone, not ring tone.

A phone port has no automatic logical connection to any 'line' (the POTS port or a SP or Obitalk).  Thus it does not in general make sense to have a special dial tone when a line is forwarded.

Nevertheless if you want a reminder that forwarding is set, study the section of the Admin Guide on Star Codes.  A Star Code can perform more than one action, so in addition to the call forwarding, insert an action to enable Stutter Tone.

Similarly for the companion Star Code to disable both the forwarding and the stutter.