News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

** 8 : LINE Port (PSTN) Service Provider

Started by takahirata, June 02, 2017, 12:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

takahirata

Hi,

How do I eliminate the need to ** 8 to dial out in LINE Port for Obi110? and ** 8 as to use Primary line instead?

drgeoff

Quote from: takahirata on June 02, 2017, 12:26:17 PM
Hi,

How do I eliminate the need to ** 8 to dial out in LINE Port for Obi110? and ** 8 as to use Primary line instead?

I don't fully understand your question.

The LINE port is the default Primary Line on an OBi110.  Calls automatically go out on the PSTN line unless explicitly routed otherwise.  No need to dial **8.  If it has been changed you can change it back at Physical Interfaces, Phone Port, Primary Line.

Note. 3 June: last line above edited, correcting 'Line Port' to 'Phone Port'.

takahirata

Ok. Mine is set up via obitalk with google voice and outbound call is using google voice callout as default.  Would you tell me how to configure so the default call out will always use Lineout instead of google voice and **8 to call out as google voice?

drgeoff

See my earlier reply above for how to change the default primary line for the phone port to be the line port.  You will need to use Expert mode on the Obitalk portal. Similar to the screenshot I have attached.  You will have two tick boxes at the right hand end of the line.  You need both to be unticked before you can change the setting.

If GV is configured on SP1, then the **1 prefix will probably already send outgoing calls to GV.  If you really want to use **8 instead that is possible but needs more configuration changes.

takahirata