News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 in the UK

Started by Royalman, June 03, 2017, 03:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Royalman

In the UK OBIHAI sells its products through Amazon UK. The OBi200 is currently showing unavailable with no indication when it will be available. Does anyone know when it will be in stock in the UK?

Also the datasheet I downloaded from the Obihai Website shows no logo on the front. While the picture on Amazon UK shows the Google Voice Logo on the front. I don't want to use it with Google Voice. Have recent versions of the product been hard wired to use with Google Voice only, and maybe that is why it is not on sales in the UK? It all seems a bit confusing to me.

drgeoff

The only difference between the UK and North America versions of all OBi ATAs and phones is the PSU wall-wart in the box.  The UK ones have the BS 3 pin plug. The UK ones are rated for 100 to 230 volts.  I expect the others are too but have never one.

As regards firmware, features and default settings, the ATAs and phones are completely the same.  There is an XML file available for download which will select the configuration parameters to give UK tones etc.

The presence or absence of a GoogleVoice logo is immaterial.

The Obi200 is a current model.  I wouldn't read anything more into it being out of stock at Amazon UK other than its literal meaning.

WelshPaul

The OBi200 has been unavailable on amazon.co.uk for a very long time now. A few months back Obihai added new stock to their amazon shop front such as the OBi1062, OBi1032 and OBi1022 (to name but a few). At the time, the only device not to be added/restocked was the OBi200, no idea why. They even had both the OBi100 and OBi110 available even though these devices have been discontinued for some time now. The OBi110 stock has since been depleted so don't expect to see that for sale on amazon.co.uk again.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

drgeoff

'depleted' or 'exhausted'? Strictly speaking, they have different meanings.

WelshPaul

Quote from: Royalman on June 03, 2017, 03:29:08 AM
In the UK OBIHAI sells its products through Amazon UK. The OBi200 is currently showing unavailable with no indication when it will be available. Does anyone know when it will be in stock in the UK?

Also the datasheet I downloaded from the Obihai Website shows no logo on the front. While the picture on Amazon UK shows the Google Voice Logo on the front. I don't want to use it with Google Voice. Have recent versions of the product been hard wired to use with Google Voice only, and maybe that is why it is not on sales in the UK? It all seems a bit confusing to me.

After several months, the OBi200 is finally back in stock. Available (as always) via Amazon UK here.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com