News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2 OBI202s, 3 phone lines, rollover?

Started by BernieCruzIn16, June 13, 2017, 03:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BernieCruzIn16

Dear Community,
You helped me immensely 2 years ago, and now I'm coming back to the well.
First, the facts.
We just added a second OBI202. 
On OBI202 #1 we have 2 separate phone numbers configured.  Incoming and outgoings calls from the 1st phone number are only configured on SP1.  Incoming and outgoing calls from the 2nd phone number are only configured on SP2.
On OBI202 #2 we now have a 3rd phone number for which incoming and outgoing calls are configured only on SP1. 
We have 3-line desk sets.  Lines 1 & 2 of the desk sets are connected to SP1 & SP2 respectively of OBI202 #1.  Line 3 of the desk sets is connected to SP1 of OBI202 #2.
All 3 phone numbers are thru Google Voice.  But I couldn't see in the Google settings how to specify a rollover when a line is occupied.
The default desk set line for our outgoing calls is now line 3 (OBI202 #2 SP1).
I have 3 questions:
1.  Is there a way to do this thru Google voice?  If not,
2.  Can we configure SP1 on OBI202 #2 such that, if we're calling out on SP1, that an incoming call to that same line will rollover and ring on, say, SP1 of OBI202 #1?  If so, how do we do so?
3.  If rollovers cannot be configured from one OBI202 to the other, can rollovers be configured between SP1 and SP2 on the same OBI202?  If so, how do we do so?
Thanks so much.
Best regards, Rob in Austin

drgeoff

@BernieCruzIn16

This is not an answer to your question but pointing out that it does not help if you use the wrong terminology.

Phone numbers are always configured on only one SP. You are probably confusing SPs with PHONE ports. There is no fixed or 1:1 correspondence between them.