News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

dial numbers with * through the line port

Started by ZzObi, August 03, 2011, 01:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZzObi

Hi,

First, I do not really have a real land line. The line port is piggy backed to another VOIP adapter, which works fine to dial in/out normally.

So the config looks like this:
1 - GV
2 - VOIP.ms #A
8 - VOIP.ms #B (default) This is piggy back to a PAP2T.

Now, VOIP.ms use *97 to check VM. I can dial **2*97 to check VM on #A. No problem. However, I can not check VM using *97 or **8*97 to check VM on #B. The call did not go through.

I need two separate VOIP.ms VM, since #A is for internal VM and #B is for external VM. I wish I do not have to use two phones to attach to them separately.

Can anybody help to resolve this issue? How can I dial to VOIP.ms VM #B with this setup?

Thanks,
Zz

RonR

If your SP2/ITSPB DigitMap is at default, you shouldn't be able to dial *97 there either.

To allow *97, add a *97 rule to the beginning of the ITSPB and LINE Port DigitMap's:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap : (*97|...)

Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> DigitMap : (*97|...)

ZzObi

I configured the obi using obitalk portal. I beleive everything is at default. Not sure why dialing **2*97 works just fine.

Edit to add:
I checked using the expert mode. I think Obi portal added those digitmap to the VOIP.ms on SP2 automatically. So it works with SP2. As it does not know what is on the line port, so the line port is with generic digitmap. That is why it does not work.

Thanks, RonR.

Quote from: RonR on August 03, 2011, 01:35:35 PM
If your SP2/ITSPB DigitMap is at default, you shouldn't be able to dial *97 there either.

To allow *97, add a *97 rule to the beginning of the ITSPB and LINE Port DigitMap's:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap : (*97|...)

Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> DigitMap : (*97|...)