News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Best router for VOIP?

Started by Lighthouse, June 27, 2017, 12:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

I need to get a new wifi router, what should I look out for?

I am using Callcentric+GV.

I read somewhere that QOS (quality of service) is important in order to give priority to VOIP data even when Dropbox or something receives a burst of data. Can anyone confirm?

Is SIP important?

Any other features to look out for?

I have been considering the TP-Link AC1200 (Archer C1200) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IUDUJE0/

Thanks.

BGood

I am using a TP Link AC 1900 (ArcherC9 v1) and it works great out-of-the-box for home LAN VOIP with 2 lines GV+Anveo on an Obi202.  I previously had extensive configuration problems with older routers (D-Link DIR-615 and Sonicwall), despite express provisioning options for QOS/VOIP.

SteveInWA

Assuming that you will plug your OBi device into the router via an Ethernet cable, and not via WiFi, any current model router will work fine.  You can simply plug things in and it'll work.  If you do experience some packet loss or other issues caused by other things on your home network (LAN), you can enable QoS in the router, giving priority to the OBi's MAC address.

The router doesn't care that you are using SIP (well, Callcentric uses SIP, and Google Voice uses XMPP).  The only thing you must do, is to check the router's instructions and menus, and if there is a "SIP ALG" setting, DISable that setting, as it interferes with your OBi device.

From a general, non-VoIP standpoint, consider that the model you mentioned is already outdated.  It's cheap for that reason.  If you can afford more, then buy a router that supports at least "AC 1900" or faster.  In the real world, you may or may not notice a difference, depending on the age of your stuff that is using WiFi, but you will be investing in a router that has a longer useful lifespan.

Lighthouse

Hmm.. I just noticed your replies. I had already ordered the AC1200. We shall see.

BGood, That's good to know, thanks.

Steve,

I'll look out for the SIP ALG setting.

I use Callcentric because I need Caller ID Name, but it wasn't getting along with the router/modem that Optimum (cablevision) gives me as I mentioned on a different thread.

I chose the AC1200 because its Amazon reviews are better than any other router that I looked at, including newer models. I am hoping that GV+Callcentric will work well with the new router. We shall see. The router is more than fast enough for what I need now and in the forseeable future.

Thanks.