News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI1022 inbound calls

Started by solomoriah, June 29, 2017, 02:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solomoriah

I have an OBI1022 with all six lines configured for google voice numbers.  My understanding is that when a call come s in on a lien that is in use its supposed to go to the first unbound line (In this case line 7) and ring that.

Mine doesn't do this - it comes in on the same line I am already talking on as a "call waiting" second call on the same line.  If I disable call waiting the call does not come in at all.

I want inbound calls on busy numbers to go to those last four lines like they are supposed to.  I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

drgeoff

Quote from: solomoriah on June 29, 2017, 02:46:13 AMI want inbound calls on busy numbers to go to those last four lines like they are supposed to.
Can you point me to the page in the OBi1000 Admin Guide which details this supposed behaviour?

SteveInWA

Quote from: solomoriah on June 29, 2017, 02:46:13 AM
I have an OBI1022 with all six lines configured for google voice numbers.  My understanding is that when a call come s in on a lien that is in use its supposed to go to the first unbound line (In this case line 7) and ring that.

Mine doesn't do this - it comes in on the same line I am already talking on as a "call waiting" second call on the same line.  If I disable call waiting the call does not come in at all.

I want inbound calls on busy numbers to go to those last four lines like they are supposed to.  I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

You're describing a "hunt group".  Google Voice does not support that feature at all.  GV is not a business telephone system.  It's intended for individual, consumer use.  Obtaining six lines for commercial use is a violation of Google's acceptable use policy; you may find that your service gets suspended at some inopportune moment.

Use one of the many SIP VoIP service providers, and sign up for as many inbound phone numbers (DIDs) as you need.  You can easily set up either a hunt group, and all the other typical features of a business telephone system.

solomoriah

NO, I am not describing a hunt group.  A hunt group means it is forwarding on busy to another number.  I do NOT want this to happen

Use this example instead, I have an Obi1022 with ONE number on it.  I am talking on that number.  The next inbound call, despite there being nine open lines on the phone, shows up as call waiting on the line I am already using.  I want it to come in in on line two AS THE OWNERS MANUAL SAYS IT SHOULD.

If the phone can not do this - why do they say it supports ten lines?  It does not - it only supports 6.  And configured as I just described, only two (maybe three)

drgeoff

Have you configured those keys 7-10  as Call Appearances and not bound to SPs?

Alternatively you can have more than 1 Call Appearance on a key by changing its MaxCalls setting from its default value of 1.