News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai Error - old software which no longer complies with Google voice security

Started by likeobi, June 30, 2017, 09:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

likeobi

My Obihai was working fine and all of a sudden it stopped working. Logging into Obitalk I get the message: "Your device may have outdated, old software which no longer complies with Google Voice security requirements."

I have tried updating to the latest firmware (OBi-latest.fw) and also to version 2872 and 2886 but no luck. Everytime I update the firmware I get "Previous version identical to the update. Firmware not modified."
I am not sure if the firmware is updated or not. I am not able to update the SP to Google voice.

Please help, thanks.

drgeoff

Check what software version is on your OBi by logging in to its local web interface. The 'Product Information' section shows it.

If it is not 1.3.0 (Build: 2886) you should update it manually. https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.msg13#msg13, option 3.

Then you need to reconfigure GV using the Obitalk forum. Try the procedure in the last bullet point at http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11384.0. If that does not work use the fuller procedure linked to at the end of that post.

likeobi

Thanks. I had tried upgrading the firwmware earlier based on the posts but it said that the firmware is up to date and no updates were performed.

I now tried logging to the Obihai and I am getting "Index file not e"  the e is probably enable? I am stuck now. Any pointers to flash the firmware and getting out of the error would be appreciated.

drgeoff

Do you get dial tone when you take the phone off-hook?  If yes dial ***0. After the voice prompt dial 1# and the firmware version will be read out to you.

Dialling ***1 will cause the IP address to be read out.  If you cannot login to that with a browser try a factory reset. Dial ***8 and follow the prompts.

likeobi

Thanks again. I did get the IP address and tried to access it on the browser and get the same error "Index file not e"

I tried factory reset on the obihai and also tried the ***8 reset and still get the same above error after the reset.

When I check the version, I got 1.3.0.2872. Version is same before and after reset.

Before I started getting the index file error, I had tried to upgrade to 2886, but was told that the update did not happen as I have the latest version. Clearly I didn't have the latest version but the obi was not letting me update to 2886. Now I can't even access the Obi to upgrade the Fw.

Any other ways to upgrade the firmwaren the obi? Or how to fix the index file error?