News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

When I hang up my OBi200 phone, the phone on the other end never hangs up

Started by User0101, July 07, 2017, 10:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

User0101

I just purchased an OBi200. Successfully setup a Google account, Google Voice account and linked everything into obitalk.com.

Everything seems to work okay. I can call out using my OBi phone and can receive calls into my OBi phone. But there's one glitch I just noticed, when I hang up the phone on my OBi the phone on the other end never hangs up. The call on the other end never stops and the connected timer just keeps increasing.

I checked the OBi Status Page and it shows 1 call active when connected, and instantly shows 0 calls active when I hang up the OBi phone. The OBi activity light continues to blink for about 10 seconds after hang up then stops.

Hanging up the phone on the other end first seems to work okay. I've tried this using a cell phone and a land line with the OBi. Also tried calling the OBi first from the other phone, and tried calling the other phone using the OBi first. Either way the phone on the other end never gets the command that the line has been hung up.

HardwareVersion 1.4
SoftwareVersion 3.1.1 (Build: 5679EX)

EDIT: It also does the same thing if I pull the phone cord from the OBi200 or even disconnect the internet cord from the OBi200. The other caller still stays connected.

This almost sounds like a Google Voice issue to me. Has anyone else run into this problem?

ymcp

i am having the exact same problem with a 202 also with google voice. its driving my mother in law crazy as it always hogs her line after my wife hangs up with her. she can only make a call after pressing the flash button (to make like a 3 way call)
please help!

ymcp

upon further testing it definitely is only an issue with google voice.
i can replicate the issue when calling a cellphone (which normally hangs up when the other party hangs up) and it wont hang up until i press end manually.
my mother in law has optimum voice.
when i call a regular landline everything is fine.
any help would be appreciated. 

User0101

I've went home where I have another OBi200 for over a year now. And that did the same thing. I never really noticed it before. So maybe it's always been like that or something happened recently. But I guess the Google Voice forum would be the proper place to find answers for this issue.

drgeoff

And here. https://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/google-voice-behavior-on-hangup.21670/

Not just OBis.

Edit.  The PBX in a flash was started by the same person as the DSL reports one.

SteveInWA

Google engineering is aware of the problem and they're working on it.  No eta.  You can see several threads over on the Google Voice forum about people's international long distance calls terminating on one leg, but not the other.  It's not just a Chat/XMPP issue.

"Do not attempt to adjust your set".

The best way to help would be to post examples of your problem calls on the Google Voice Help Forum.  Start a new post; don't piggyback on some other user's post with a "me too".  If you make international calls and this happens, post a screenshot of the billing history table on this page:  https://www.google.com/voice/redirection/voice#billing  Redact (cover up) all but the last 4 digits of the telephone numbers in the history, for privacy's sake.

Posting the date, time, timezone, and last 4 digits of your GV phone number will enable them to find the calls in their logs.  Thanks.

Google rolled out a fix for this problem yesterday.  Most, if not all, of these cases should no longer occur.  If you do experience new calls with this behavior, please create a new post over on the Google Voice Help Forum (link below my signature).

Moses1234

I have a obi 202, SP1 set as my main line, SP2 as fax & I'm having the same problem, first 2 days it worked perfectly. (added some digitmap outbound call routing) & then it stopped working properly, had no dial tone only if a manually disconnected the jack, then for first 15-30 seconds it has a dial tone, then it stops, or if i make a call it doesn't disconnect. Intrestinng thing is that if i switch between jacks, set my main GV to SP2 & fax to SP1 & it works!
How can i make it work each on the correct SP?