News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obitalk / Obi Endpoints Network

Started by Michael_Reeder, July 12, 2017, 03:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_Reeder

Many months ago I used to be able to make Obitalk calls between all my devices (the **9 calls, whatever they are called).

Lately I can call between my Obi202 devices, but I can't connect from Obi202 to Obi100.  I get an error message of "rejected by the service provider, reason is 488".

Is this a problem that can be dealt with, or something I have to live with if I am keeping an old Obi100 in service?

I may have also switched routers and Internet service providers at my Obi100 location in the meantime.  Not sure that would matter...

Thanks,
Michael

Michael_Reeder

Need to amend this issue a bit:

#1: Obi202 at office location #1
#2: Obi100 at home
#3: Obi202 at office location #2

Over the Obitalk network (**9):

#2: Obi100 & #3: Obi202 can communicate just fine
#1: Obi202 & #3: Obi202 can communicate just fine

#1: Obi202 & #2: Obi100 CAN NOT communicate.  Calling from either device to the other results in a reason 488 service provider rejection.

(Interestingly enough #1: Obi202 & #2: Obi100 are also the devices no longer playing nice with Google Voice while #3: Obi202 does just fine with Google Voice.  No idea if this is at all related.)

They all used to be able to communicate.

-- Michael

Michael_Reeder

Thought I had figured out why my Obi100 and Obi202 can't communicate on Obitalk (**9).

Based upon other threads, the Code 488 service provider rejection usually means a Codec mismatch.  In every other discussion this has been about utilizing SIP providers rather than Obi's internal network between devices, but whatever.

Sure enough - these two devices DID NOT share any of the same codecs turned on in common!  So I turned on the codecs on each that were turned off.  Thought I nailed it.  (I used to have really sad Internet bandwidth and had to play with codecs alot for call quality.)

No dice.  Same Code 488 service provider rejection.   :'(

-- Michael

drgeoff

You have 77 posts so I trust you are aware and have not forgotten that changes made locally get overridden by Obitalk provisioning.  :)

Suggest you use the facility to send log messages to a syslog server.