News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SOLVED,Cannot Make Outgoing calls, Obi200

Started by dcdunk, July 14, 2017, 04:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcdunk

I have a vtech land line connected to my Obi200 and cannot make outgoing calls using google voice. Incoming calls are fine, but when trying to dial out I get a clicking sound for each number i press. Then the phone will cut to a busy signal everytime. Anyone know whats going on?

drgeoff

1.  Possibly your phone is set to loop disconnect dialling.  OBis only accept DTMF dialling (TouchTone).  Some phones have a physical switch to change from one to the other.  Or a menu item on phones with menus.

2.  If above does not work, try another phone.

dcdunk

Wow, thanks for the help. Made the settings change to touch-tone on the phone and outgoing calls are working.

room312

Quote from: drgeoff on July 14, 2017, 05:03:18 PM
1.  Possibly your phone is set to loop disconnect dialling.  OBis only accept DTMF dialling (TouchTone).  Some phones have a physical switch to change from one to the other.  Or a menu item on phones with menus.

2.  If above does not work, try another phone.

Thank you so much! Finally got around to researching this issue and this thread was the first and only hit I needed!

In case this helps anyone... On my Panasonic, I needed to go to Menu > Initial settings > Set tel line > Set dial mode > set to "Tone".

Before, it was set to Pulse. I have no idea why. Either it was working fine before on Pulse, or it somehow got changed. In any event, works great now. Thanks again!