News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Transfer gv# from 100 to a 200

Started by wineguru, July 28, 2017, 04:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wineguru

Hi, I got the email, Obi, to upgrade my obi100 to a 200. If I do what do I need to do to transfer my GV# to it? I also have the Anveo 911 service.
Thanks.

drgeoff

You do a new install and configure of the 200.

wineguru

I understand that one has to setup the 200 but if I add my current GV to it as well as the E911 does it get deactivated on my 100 or do I have to do that manually.
Also will it give me a hard time, on the 200, if it's already installed on the 100?
Thanks

drgeoff

If you are going to be keeping the 100 powered up and with internet access you should manually remove the accounts from it.

wineguru

Okay, bit confused here. If I have my 100 running and I plug in and add my 200 what do I have to do to transfer the GV from the 100 to the 200? (also the e911 service).
Do I just delete the 100 and add the GV to the 200?

Tnx

SteveInWA

Google Voice is an inbound call forwarding service.  It forwards to up to six regular 10-digit US telephone numbers, and to any Google Hangouts clients that are logged into your account and set to ring on inbound calls, and, to Google Chat/XMPP clients.  OBi devices act as Google Chat clients.  Google Voice doesn't care if it is forwarding to a OBi 100 or a OBi 200.

You haven't clearly stated that you are going to retire (stop using) your 100.  I'll assume so.

Log into your OBiTALK portal/dashboard on a computer's web browser, and go here:  

https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev

Click on your OBi 100 device.  On the next page, click the "Delete device" button to delete it off of your account.  Wait a few minutes while your 100 gets remotely reset by OBiTALK, then unplug it and do what you wish with it.

Back on the main OBiTALK web page, click "Add Device" on the left side of the web page, and follow the instructions to set up Google Voice on the 200 after it is added to your dashboard.  You'll need to be logged into the correct Google/Gmail/Google Voice account that now holds your Google Voice number, and then the OBiTALK portal will set up the OBi to work with that account.

If you previously used another SPx to supply E911 service, you will need to set that up, too.

azrobert

You have the option to keep GV defined on the OBi100. This will give you 2 separate outbound lines. The OBi100 will not receive inbound calls, but can be fixed with configuration changes. Defining a single GV account on 2 OBi devices will not cause any problems. You might need to delete the e911 account from the OBi100.