News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can I clone my OBI1062's as I purchase additional phones.

Started by aMallicoatAuto, August 13, 2017, 02:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMallicoatAuto

We run automotive shops, and the phones don't really need to be customized. If we could just clone the existing phone (which has our customers and suppliers built in.) to all our others would be sooo convenient and awesome.

Also is there a way to import contacts? I am very familiar with databasing if it needs to be in a certain format for merging.

ProfTech

I've not used any of the IP phones but if they work like the ATA's you should be able to save the config file from a working unit and load it back into any number of units with minimal changes. There will be a few things that must be customized such as passwords, sip logins, etc but it should work fine.

LTN1

ProfTech provided what appears to be a reasonable answer. But to the OP, wouldn't it be quicker and more certain if you contacted Obihai tech support with an e-mail? Or, you could also take one of your saved configuration files and try to load it onto another unconfigured phone (if you have another one--if not, go with asking tech support) to see if it works.

SteveInWA

+1 to LTN, and Obihai does have a tool for service providers that they might let you use, to do this.

aMallicoatAuto

Thanks guys! I'll shoot them an email and let you know what they say.

aMallicoatAuto