News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi 212 Now Available at Amazon

Started by SteveInWA, September 01, 2017, 02:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveInWA

The OBi 212 is now available for sale at Amazon.  It's the replacement for the OBi 110, with one Phone port and one Line port.  Yes, the failover relay has returned, to bridge the Phone and Line ports when the device loses power.

Here's the link:  http://amzn.to/2wpBFuP

ProfTech

Great news! Looks like a great product. I hope they have much success with it. The 110 was a good product only limited by its older technology. Its demise left a hole in the product line. I have a spare 110 and have already added Asterisk to overcome some of the 110's limitations. If they ever put fiber in our area I will switch to a Obi 200.

sp31415

Hi,
I'm interested in the product, but amazon is indicating 'no ship to France' ?
I contacted some resellers and distributors, and I can only found obi110 (a deprecated product).
Apparently, they are not aware of that reference obi212 (distriwan).
Is there a faster option than waiting the obi212 presence in one online store ?
(pretty sure it will not appear this year).
Regards,
Serge

TTCP

What is the LAN port for in 212?

Isn't it a useless feature?  What is the maximum speed and capacity of this LAN port?

Who, in real life, actually uses this underpowered useless LAN port?  OBihai engineers never think about this matter?

It is the single deal breaker for me. If it does not have this useless LAN port, I will buy 212 in a heart beat.  If they can replace this uesless LAN port with a third Phone port, that is even better!

GPz1100

^^Maybe some people actually install this device between their modem and router ¿?   You know, for the qos features.  Specs don't say if it's gigabit or fast ethernet.  Likely the latter.

Personally, I believe all of these IoT type devices should be segregated to their own vlan or subnet.

SteveInWA

The router is Fast Ethernet (100Mbps).  It would take a significantly more expensive SOC, supporting circuitry and a larger case with ventilation, to run a Gigabit Ethernet router.  If you don't want to use it, then don't use it.  Likewise, it would raise the cost of manufacture to add another SLIC to support another phone port.

My car has fog lights.  We almost never get fog here, so I don't use the fog lights, but it had no impact on my decision to buy the car.

utsc

Is it a repackaged EOL OBi110 in a new case ?

ProfTech

Quote from: TTCP on October 20, 2017, 07:17:25 PM
What is the LAN port for in 212?

The lan port is for people who only have a single port modem [there are still some]. It allows one to plug in the Obi and still have a way to run their computer without needing or buying a router.

SteveInWA

Quote from: utsc on December 08, 2017, 05:46:06 AM
Is it a repackaged EOL OBi110 in a new case ?

You win the dumbest post of the week award.

yozh

Quote from: SteveInWA on September 01, 2017, 02:01:57 PM
The OBi 212 is now available for sale at Amazon.  It's the replacement for the OBi 110, with one Phone port and one Line port.  Yes, the failover relay has returned, to bridge the Phone and Line ports when the device loses power.

Is this coming back ? I have been waiting for this for ages, didnt get an email from obi or anything...

SteveInWA

Quote from: yozh on December 12, 2017, 05:10:18 PM
Quote from: SteveInWA on September 01, 2017, 02:01:57 PM

Is this coming back ? I have been waiting for this for ages, didnt get an email from obi or anything...

Yes, it should be available for sale again in a couple of weeks or so.  Obihai simply sold out their initial manufacturing run, and they're making/importing more.