News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

reset USB OBIWIFI in OBI200

Started by KevinJ, September 05, 2017, 07:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinJ

Hello,

I am using an OBI200 with an OBIWIFI adaptor.  I set it up via the OBiWiFi_Setup wifi connection (connecting via my laptop) and all went well.

I moved it to another location and now I want to change the wifi network it connects to.  I can't get the OBIWIFI to factory reset so I can connect to it via the " OBiWiFi_Setup".  Unplugging the OBIWIFI and plugging it back in doesn't help....  pushing the button on the dongle doesn't help, along with various combinations of pushing the button and plugging it back into the OBI200....

how can I factory reset the USB OBIWIFI?  The instructions here say contact technical support.
http://www.obihai.com/wifi

Step 2: Check if the OBiWiFi5G dongle has a blinking BLUE light. The OBiWiFi5G dongle MUST show a blinking blue light in order to proceed with the setup. If you do not see a blinking blue light, please do the following:
Unplug and reinsert the OBiWiFi5G dongle again.
Power cycle the OBi2xx/OBi3xx device.
If you still do not see a blinking blue light on the OBiWiFi5G, please contact our Support Team.

Needless to say, I do not see a blinking blue light.

Thank you!

SteveInWA

Did you try dialing *27 on a phone plugged into the OBi?  That should put it back in setup mode, which should activate the OBiWiFi_Setup network.

If that doesn't work, you can temporarily attach the OBi to an Ethernet LAN, attach your laptop/desktop computer to that same LAN, add the device to the OBiTALK web portal if it isn't already added, and then manually add the new WiFi network's SSID and password on the WiFi network settings page (in "expert configuration" mode).

KevinJ

*27 worked --  thank you!

The Obi 200 doesn't have a lan port, so I couldn't try that.  :-)

SteveInWA

The OBi 200 has an Ethernet port.  I meant:  plug an Ethernet cable from the OBi's Ethernet jack to an Ethernet port on your LAN (router or switch).

Anyhow, I'm glad it worked.