News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi1032 Outgoing calls not working with Vonage Busineess

Started by benow, September 05, 2017, 07:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benow

I setup a new Obi1032 phone via the Obitalk portal. Google voice is setup on SP1 and incoming and outgoing calls work fine.

I use Vonage Business and have several Aastra / Mitel 6757i phones that work fine for outgoing and incoming calls. I setup SP2 on the Obi1032 with the login credentials for Vonage Business and it shows as Registered on the portal. Incoming calls from outside callers or from an inside extension ring and work fine (calls can be answered as normal).

However outgoing calls do not work on SP2. After dialing a call, the phone indicates Trying  and then after about 30 secs, it says Call Failed :900.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this working?

drgeoff

Point a browser to the 1032's IP address on the same LAN and log in to its onboard web server GUI.  On the left hand side click on Status, then on Call History.  Look at the details for the failed outgoing calls. Are the numbers sent to Vonage correct?

Did you configure SP2 using the portal or did you do it locally on the 1032 (either via its onboard web GUI or via its LCD and keypad)?

benow

Quote from: drgeoff on September 05, 2017, 09:37:39 AM
Point a browser to the 1032's IP address on the same LAN and log in to its onboard web server GUI.  On the left hand side click on Status, then on Call History.  Look at the details for the failed outgoing calls. Are the numbers sent to Vonage correct?

Did you configure SP2 using the portal or did you do it locally on the 1032 (either via its onboard web GUI or via its LCD and keypad)?

The outgoing number to Vonage in the log is correct. I configured SP2 via the web portal, no changes via the local config.

The admin manual says this about Error 900 but am not sure how to fix.
900 = Timeout waiting for a response from the server

SIP Outbound Proxy Server
An OutboundProxy server can be configured on the device such that all outbound requests are sent via the outbound proxy server instead of directly to the ProxyServer or RegistrarServer. If the outbound proxy server is listening at a non-standard port, the correct port value must be specified in the OutboundProxyPort parameter.

The OutboundProxy may use a different transport protocol from the ProxyServer. The transport protocol to use to communicate with the OutboundProxy can be set in the OutboundProxyTransport parameters. If OutboundProxyTransport is TCP/TLS, the phone will initiate a TCP/TLS connection only with the OutboundProxy; all subsequent message exchange between the phone and the servers MUST use the same connection. If for any reason the connection is closed, the phone will attempt to re-establish the connection with the OutboundProxy following an exponential backoff retry pattern.

Even though the phone only exchanges messages directly with the OutboundProxy, the ProxyServer, ProxyServerPort, and ProxyServerTransport parameters are still very much relevant and important since the SIP requests sent by the phone to the server are still formed based on these values, not based on the OutboundProxy value. In fact, the OutboundProxy value should never appear in the SIP requests generated by the phone (unless the OutboundProxy has the same value as the ProxyServer).

Some server implementations will include the outbound proxy server in a Record-Route header such that the phone should not respect the locally configured OutboundProxy value after the initial INVITE is sent for a new call. This behavior can be achieved by enabling the option ITSP Profile X – SIP::X_BypassOutboundProxyInCall. This option however has no effect when the OutboundProxyTransport is TCP/TLS as the phone will always use the same connection to send messages to the server.

benow

I was able to get the Obi1032 and Obi1062 to work with Vonage business with the help of Vonage support.
Under Codecs all the Codecs for the in use profile need to be disabled except PCMU (the first one).
This needs to be done via the Obitalk portal and Obi Expert or via the local interface.

Go to Codecs | Codec Profile B. Uncheck Default then uncheck Enable for each codec except PCMU. If local config, be sure to click Submit and then Reboot (top right).