News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Forwarding/Rollover when busy on Obi200

Started by static1120, September 04, 2017, 07:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

static1120

Hello everyone good morning, after doing some research on google voice I have found call-forwarding while busy seems not to be an option on the dashboard.

I want to port a T-mobile number to Google voice, I want to make this number a landline, but since this number gets picture messages, that's one of the reasons I want to port it to google voice.

So I can set up a OBI200 device and still receive picture messages on the google voice dashboard, is this possible?

Also I am using a At&t Syn248 gateway, I wanted to use the google voice line as the primary phone line on the gateway and use a second home line as a secondary line, and enable a feature on the OBI200 to forward the call to the home line if the google voice line is busy, is this also possible?

Thanks guys just started looking into this device and wanted to make sure it will be helpful in my application.  

drgeoff

Quote from: static1120 on September 04, 2017, 07:07:28 AM
Also I am using a At&t Syn248 gateway, I wanted to use the google voice line as the primary phone line on the gateway and use a second home line as a secondary line, and enable a feature on the OBI200 to forward the call to the home line if the google voice line is busy, is this also possible?
My understanding is that you want to configure the OBi200 as the only Google Voice 'phone' and connect the PHONE jack of that OBi200 to the primary 'local office' jack on the AT&T (mini-PBX) gateway.  And you have a POTS (or POTS type presentation) line that will be connected to a second 'local office' jack on the gateway.

I assume that the forward is for incoming calls.  If you meant that outgoing calls are to use the home line if the GV line is in use then I expect the AT&T gateway to handle that.

If the Google Voice line is busy (an incoming or outgoing call on it to/from the Obi200) will GV try to ring the OBi or will it just return busy to an incoming call?  If the latter, the OBi200 can do nothing as it isn't even aware of the call attempt.  If the former, then yes the OBi200 can be configured to 'call forward on busy'. It does that by dialling a new call to the number of the home line and then bridging the two legs.  I understand that a single GV line can support that.  Be aware however that the received Caller ID will be your GV number, not that of the original caller.

static1120

Yes Thank you that was my question

You got the scenario correctly, GV will be the primary line connected to PBX as line 1
A regular home line will be connected to the secondary port on the PBX as line 2

When someone calls if GV line is currently busy on a call, I want the OBI device to forward and call the secondary line so the call is not lost.

2 Lines, 1 PBX, 3 IP phone extensions.

Thanks ill be ordering a OBI200 and start looking into the setup

wmcbrine

Quote from: static1120 on September 04, 2017, 07:07:28 AMSo I can set up a OBI200 device and still receive picture messages on the google voice dashboard, is this possible?

Sure, no problem. Voice calls can go one way, text messages another.

However, MMS ("picture messages") has always been a bit hit-or-miss on Google Voice. But I think I read that they've improved it recently.

Smerel

I Went into advanced settings to enable & add Forwarding # . Saved the change It said Succeeded, However There was a red ! mark next to the changes. And it did not fwd when called