News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New Set-up, Need Help configuring!!

Started by mattnewuser, September 18, 2017, 09:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattnewuser

I currently have two Obi 202s. I have a total of 3 GV numbers that I would like to have all ring on "phone 1" on the obi. If Phone one is busy, I would like Phone two to ring with the incoming call. If Phone one and Phone two are busy and someone calls, I would like it to go to voicemail. I would also like to be able to forward all 3 numbers to a cell phone by forwarding the calls from a handset on Phone One. Phone one should make calls with 1 GV number and Phone two should make calls with a different GV number.

Is this possible?

SteveInWA

Quote from: mattnewuser on September 18, 2017, 09:47:53 AM
Is this possible?

No.  Each Google Voice number has its own voicemail box, and you can't forward one Google Voice number to another without making a mess out of the voicemail.

Aside from that, Google Voice is not intended for business use, especially with multiple lines, which is a violation of Google's terms of service.  There is no customer support or guaranteed service level for Google Voice.

A much better approach is to use a SIP VoIP service provider.  You can have as many inbound numbers as you need, and you can create hunt groups easily.  Check out Callcentric.

azrobert

You didn't say which GV numbers are on each OBi202. The following is when all 3 numbers are defined on one OBi202. If all 3 GV numbers are defined on both OBi202's then both are defined the same.

Dial *72 to forward calls to your cell
Dial *73 to turn off forwarding
You won't see the original inbound CallerID, you will see your GV CallerID

Use OBi Expert to make the following config changes:

Physical Interfaces -> Phone1 Port->
CallWaitingEnable: unchecked

Physical Interfaces -> Phone2 Port->
CallWaitingEnable: unchecked
PrimaryLine: SP2 Service

Voice Services -> SP1 Service ->
CallForwardUnconditionalNumber sp1(cell_number)
ForwardOnBusy: checked
ForwardOnBusyNumber: ph2
InboundCallRoute: ph

Voice Services -> SP2 Service ->
CallForwardUnconditionalNumber sp2(cell_number)

Voice Services -> SP3 Service ->
CallForwardUnconditionalNumber sp3(cell_number)

Star Codes -> Star Code Profile A ->
Code17: *72, Cfwd All, set($Cfa,1)

mattnewuser

Thanks for the responses. I'll try configuring that set up when I get home tonight. I'll report back tomorrow. I tried to get into the Obi Expert settings before and was unsuccessful. Is there a trick to enable using the expert config?

azrobert

To enter OBi Expert from the Dashboard click on the gear ICON to the right of your OBixxx then select OBi Expert Config, confirm and select Enter OBi Expert.
To navigate click on the titles with the + then click on a sub-title.
An example: click on Service Providers then click ITSP Profile A General.
To make a change BOTH boxes to the right of the value must be unchecked.
When all changes are complete on this page, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
OBiTalk will download the configuration changes to the OBi and reboot it.
Wait until this process is complete before continuing to make another change on a different page.

mattnewuser

Thanks for the heads-up to un-check both boxes; I was able to change the settings.

As we have it, Line 1 is SP1, Line 2 is SP2, Line 3 is SP3.

Lines 1, 2, & 3 all ring for incoming on phone 1. When I transfer calls manually (*72) on the phone, lines 1 and 2 transfer correctly to my cellphone, but not line 3. I also, am still having difficulty with any of the lines forwarding when busy, even though I set the ObiExpert settings like you described above.

azrobert

QuoteWhen I transfer calls manually (*72) on the phone, lines 1 and 2 transfer correctly to my cellphone, but not line 3.

Check the call history
To access Call History:
Log directly into the OBi using the local interface.
Key the IP address of the OBi into a Web Browser and hit Enter
The UserID and default Password are both "admin".
Click Status on the left column then click Call History.

If the call is routed to SP3 and then failing, try SP2 as sp2(Cell-Number)
If it's not being routed to SP3, check to see if forwarding was enabled
Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> CallForwardUnconditionalEnable: checked

QuoteI also, am still having difficulty with any of the lines forwarding when busy

FYI when I tested this function a long time ago, I couldn't just take the phone off-hook to make it busy. It needed to be on an active call. I don't know if the current firmware acts the same.

Try installing the latest firmware.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9983.msg83007#msg83007

You can try deleting the call forward on busy parms from the SP and defining them on the Phone port.

Physical Interfaces -> Phone1 Port

mattnewuser

I was just taking the phone off the hook, so maybe that's the problem. I'll try having it actively on a call. I'll also check out the call history when I get home tonight. I'll report back. Thanks!