News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi1062 No Call Key

Started by Michaeldaquila, September 26, 2017, 05:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaeldaquila

I have five Obi1062's connected to a Raspberry Pi running FreePBX with Google Voice as the Service Provider. We've had a few problems with latency, but the major issue is that when we try to transfer calls to other Obi phones (extensions on the same DID), it says no call key available. The same is true for when we try to establish a conference calls. I know Google Voice only allows for two channels on the same DID, but this happens even when the phone we want to establish a conference call with is the only phone on a call in the office. Is this a FreePBX issue or an Obi issue? What is the fix? As a side note, is the latency due to the Raspberry Pi or more to do with bandwith and lack of a QoS set up?

azrobert

I assume each 1062 is registered to Raspbx as a unique extension number.
Are you setup to call another extension by dialing its extension number?
You should be able to press Transfer, dial the extn# then press Transfer Now after the extn answers. Same procedure for a Conference call. Instead of dialing the extn number you can define a Program key to call the extn.

Michaeldaquila

I set up some more Google Voice numbers (Trunks and Outbound dialing), making there eight channels for the five phones, but no matter what phone I use I can only do standard calls and not conference calls or transfer a call. It comes back with "no call key is available". I read in the manual that you can add more call keys from the local IP GUI, since I don't have the phones on the ObiTalk portal, but I couldn't find where to do that.

Michaeldaquila

I figured it out. From the Native Web Portal, I went to IP Phone and then Line Keys and edited the Max Calls on an open Call Appearance line to accept up to eight calls (since we have four Google Voice trunks with two channels each). This seems to allow for Conference Calls and Call Transfers now.