News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

TCP connection to 125.141.125.74 failed

Started by GreenView, October 05, 2017, 02:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPz1100

@drgeoff Check your private messages please.

drgeoff

Taoman

Quote from: drgeoff on November 02, 2017, 01:12:36 PM

I don't agree that Obihai will never under any circumstances make an update for 1x0 devices.

Perhaps. However, I just got new firmware [3.2.1 (Build: 5757EX)] pushed to my 200 (yellow triangle) even though it's been out of warranty for a couple years. I'd guess that it must address something important for Obihai to do that.

Nothing showing for my 110.

Scott_MSP

:)

Hi, I used the Comodo DNS entries and all is well with my OBI 100.

Thanks GPz1000 !

drgeoff

Quote from: Scott_MSP on November 03, 2017, 04:30:39 PM

Thanks GPz1000 !
Don't pin your hopes on that being anything more than a short-term workaround.

SteveInWA

I've already stated, definitively, that this is not a DNS issue.  I pointed out that changing the two DNS servers to use Google's DNS can avoid other issues unrelated to this particular one, such as the DNS server you are using misdirecting requests, but this issue is not caused by DNS.  It is a complete waste of time to speculate and experiment with DNS changes to fix this bug.

This bug was caused by Google updating their XMPP servers.  The fix is to upgrade to the 5757EX firmware for the 20x series, and to the 4666EX series for the 10x2 series.  There is no firmware fix for the 1x0 series.

GPz1100

Quote from: Scott_MSP on November 03, 2017, 04:30:39 PM

Thanks GPz1000 !

You're welcome but it was actually Ryan_Chicago who discovered the Comodo servers still pointed to not yet updated talk.google.com servers in this thread - https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13022.msg83980#msg83980 .

It's just a matter of time until they're all updated.  The cheapest solution is to just use the simonics gateway.  It's a one time fee of $6. Takes minutes to setup (probably a half hour realistically). The only free solution is setting up your own pbx to handle gv connectivity.  You pay it in terms of time and effort.

Tiberious

Updating my DNS to 8.26.56.26
is the only thing that has worked for my Obi110.

It is working now....11/3 at 8:25pm CDT

SteveInWA

Quote from: Tiberious on November 03, 2017, 06:20:01 PM
Updating my DNS to 8.26.56.26
is the only thing that has worked for my Obi110.

It is working now....11/3 at 8:25pm CDT

That solution is bogus, and it's only working by chance, until that DNS server syncs up.

OBi 100/110 devices will not connect to Google after the update finishes rolling out, and there is no firmware update available.

SteveInWA

Any posts here in this forum that suggest changing DNS servers will fix this are bogus.  Changing to the Google DNS server pair (8.8.8.8 primary and 8.8.4.4 secondary) is a good idea in general, as it's a very high-performance DNS with no re-directions to advertisements or to websites selling domain names.

However, this problem was caused by Google updating certificates on their servers, and not a network issue.

Updating OBi device firmware is the only solution for 200 series OBi ATAs or 10x2 series OBi IP phones.  There is no update for OBi 100/110 devices.

Jasper

I knew our days with Obi100 were numbered after Obihai's EOL announcement last year.

Was ready to buy the OBI202 when this problem began a few days ago. Wife insisted we explore other options before investing in another box that's destined to become outdated again. Fixed income does that to you. Came across some references on here to gvsip and simonics gateways.  Researching both I discovered gvsip is no longer in business.  Simonics gateway got lots of hits and good reviews everywhere.

Trying to find actual configuration instructions was more difficult. Howto bits and pieces scattered everywhere. Started by creating my account here https://simonics.com/gw/ . SIP ID and password is on the main gateway page after paying a $5.99 fee.

Sip Login = GV18005551212 (replace 8005551212 with your actual Google Voice number)
Sip Password = 12 character alphanumeric sequence; if you do a copy/paste make sure to remove the trailing space before pasting
Server = gvgw.simonics.com

Armed with this information I logged into obitalk.com dashboard.  I didn't see a specific option for Simonics gateway under service providers.  Common sense suggested I try the "Generic Service Provider" option. I filled it in like this.

Service Provider Proxy Server = gvgw.simonics.com
Service Provider Proxy Server Port = 5060
Outbound Proxy Server = gvgw.simonics.com
Outbound Proxy Server Port = 5060
Username = GV18005551212
Password = {PASSWORD}
URI = <blank> (nothing)

Don't forget to hit save.  This reboots the Obi100.  After a few moments try a test call.  Mine went through right away.  Good luck!

Google chat must be selected as a forwarding option under Phones in the google voice settings for incoming calls to work.  Short time later a telemarketing call came in.  An unexpected surprise was the name along with the number.  Only the number came through before, no names.  Nice!

The whole process took about 10 minutes to set up after I got my bearings.  Getting to this point took much longer ;)

We'll keep the Obi100 until it stops working or until the gateway goes away. Although we've gotten our money's worth over the years it would be a terrible shame to throw away a perfectly good piece of equipment because the manufacturer finds innovative ways to force an upgrade.

SteveInWA

because the manufacturer finds innovative ways to force an upgrade.

Conspiracy theory bullshit.  Obihai had nothing to do with causing this issue.  If you want to use Simonics GVGW, feel free to do so, as long as it works. 

Icall

SteveInWA

Quote from: Icall on November 03, 2017, 10:12:10 PM
Any update for Obi110 for this issue?

This is getting comical, to say the least.  Did you not read any of the other posts before asking?

NO.  There is no firmware update available for the 100/110 models.  Your options are:

• Buy a new OBi 200 or other current OBi device.  It is highly likely that they will be on sale soon for "Black November" or "Cyber Monday" sales.
  • Use the Simonics Google Voice Gateway, a service that coverts Google's XMPP protocol to SIP, which the 100 series still supports.  https://simonics.com/gw/

Taoman

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 03, 2017, 10:30:38 PM

This is getting comical, to say the least. 

Which is why I think we should have a separate thread/post for OBi100/OBi110 users. You managed to get a post pinned and locked regarding the June 2016 OBi100/110 firmware issue which is now no longer relevant.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11384.0

Can you get it updated with current information regarding the OBi100/OBi110 situation?

SteveInWA

I just updated my post about the issue, to include mention that there is no update for the 100 series, and I mentioned the same two alternatives that you did in your post(s).

I didn't even want to wade into the swamp about the 100 series, since there are many people who believe that products should be supported forever.  That's why I'm reluctant to be the source of this position statement, with a pinned post.

I believe that Obihai will probably make a blog post about this, which is where the "official" statement should originate.

I predict that we'll see some OBi 100/110s for sale on eBay or Craigslist soon, with people posting here about why they don't work.  Sigh...

Oh, and I just deleted the old 100 series sticky post you mentioned.  Thanks for reminding me.

Thanks!

Jasper

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 03, 2017, 10:01:50 PM

Conspiracy theory bullshit.  Obihai had nothing to do with causing this issue.  If you want to use Simonics GVGW, feel free to do so, as long as it works.  

When a simple certificate update causes the adapter to stop working with the only fix a firmware update, then yes, in my view it's a design flaw.  Or from your perspective, a feature.

If you don't like what others say, don't respond.  Your post count does not entitle you to act like an asshole.

Lavarock7

Don't know if this helps anyone in the future to troubleshoot. You can verify A records here: https://www.whatsmydns.net

They check various name servers.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

spencer

I thought they were ending support on Dec. 31st, not Nov. 1st.

drgeoff