News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forwarding from OBI device to cell phone

Started by Jack007, October 09, 2017, 02:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack007

Hi Guys,

thanks for taking the time to read.

So i currently have a GV number on SP1. This number is not linked to my cell phone. I have the OBI device forward the number to my cell phone. When the call comes through, it shows my GV number on my cell phone called ID rather than the caller's number. Also, the call goes straight to my cell phone's voice mail.

Interestingly enough, I tested it out again myself and the number of the caller comes up. Maybe it was a fluke? One thing I cannot get around is the call going straight to voicemail.

Would appreciate any insight or feedback on this!

Thanks,
jack

drgeoff

Why are you not making the cellphone one of the GV forwarding phones?  Your cellphone will get the caller's number.  The call will go to GV voicemail unless you or your cellphone's voicemail answer within about 25 seconds.

Jack007

Quote from: drgeoff on October 09, 2017, 02:52:01 PM
Why are you not making the cellphone one of the GV forwarding phones?  Your cellphone will get the caller's number.  The call will go to GV voicemail unless you or your cellphone's voicemail answer within about 25 seconds.

Great question - because I have multiple GV accounts. One of the other ones is the one I have to make the forwarding phone, hence, why I was forwarding this line through the ObiPhone. By going through Obi it is going straight to cellphone, and I am trying to figure out how to avoid that and have it ring.