News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Configuring the Obi201 to work with AxVoice VOIP Service Provider

Started by Fmik, October 09, 2017, 04:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fmik

Are there instructions on this forum for configuring a Obi201 device to work with the AxVoice service provider? I am asking before I buy the Obi201 and AxVoice says that it will work with their system but it must be unlocked and I would have to know how to configure the Obi201.
2nd question: are all Obi201 devices unlocked when I buy it from a retailer like Amazon?
thanks for any assistance with this.  :)

SteveInWA

WTF AxVoice?   Never heard of them.  I looked at their website.  Their forum posts are all older than 2012, with no information about setting up third-party ATAs, and a lot of broken links.  I couldn't even get to their instructions about setting up their own ATA, which is included for the price of service.  IF you really want to use this company's service, good luck, but why not just use the free ATA that they give you?

And, there is no OBi 201.  There is a single phone port OBi 200, and a dual phone port 202.  If, for some unfathomable reason, you wanted to use an OBi instead of their ATA, then buy a 200 from Amazon.