News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Time to replace my OBi202 ?

Started by LarryE, October 03, 2017, 04:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryE

My ~5 years old Obi202 has become very unreliable in recent weeks. I get lots of lost packets (about 1 out of 10); also very poor, often unusable, sound quality. After resetting, it works fine again for a few minutes to a few hours, but requires resetting almost daily.

If I get a brand new OBi202 and OBiWiFi can I just "plug and play" or do I have to run the the entire setup procedure with the new device?

Any answers, suggestions or pointers would be much appreciated!

drgeoff

Short answer: Set it up from scratch.

Longer answer.  If you want to configure using your Dashboard on the OBiTALK portal (and you must do that if configuring Google Voice) you need to do the '**5 xxxx' procedure to register the new device to the Dashboard.  It is possible to log in locally to the old 202 and save a backup of its configuration to a file on your computer.  That backup file can then be imported into the Expert mode on the Dashboard for the new 202.  However, unless you have made extensive customisation of settings it is probably easier and just as quick to copy and a few settings such as modified dial plan and call route from the old to the new.  Backups do not contain any passwords so those have to be entered again manually anyway and no GV config via a backup.