News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to dial out SP2 when calling from remote Obihai device

Started by josetann, August 11, 2011, 12:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josetann

Ok, here's the scenario.  I want to be able to call from OB2 to OB1, and then make a call out from the SP2 provider on OB1 (SP1 is default).

I can successfully dial 2*9075551212 from OB2 and it will connect to the OB1 and dial 9075551212, but it calls from the SP1 provider.  I want to know how to force it to dial out SP2 (I did try 2***29075551212, of course it did not work).  I cannot make SP2 the default for the OB1 device (I need SP1 to be the default when someone dials out using a locally attached handset).

Reason I need this is because I have two GV accounts (one for myself, one for my wife) plus a Pennytel account (need an Australian DID).  My mom has one GV account.  So I setup my wife's GV account on my mom's obi110 and have it set to forward to ours (works fine except for CID, which I understand should be fixed in 1.3).  Now we just want to be able to dial out and have my wife's GV number show up on the other end's CID.

Bonus points if I can enter everything into a speed dial...i.e. my wife dials 21 from OB2, it connects to OB1, then dials her mom's number out SP2.

RonR

The configuration generated by the OBiTALK Web Portal is limited to single-stage dialing through the default (PrimaryLine) only.

If you'd like to be able to place calls through any trunk, you'll need to use a configuration such as this one:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1103.0

Speed Dials may be used with this configuration to accomplish your desired goals.