News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110 PROBLEMS WITH IPV6 ROUTER

Started by Edwardorange1909, October 18, 2017, 10:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edwardorange1909

Hi all.
I'm new here on forum so please don't shoot immediately :-)

I'm an OBi110 user for years now and I was quite happy with it. Having device which can combine my land line and VOIP is so useful.
So some time ago I enabled IPV6 on my router and all working great except OBi. Looks like OBi don't like IPV6.
I saw that OBi110 is end of life by the end of this year, and I don't think so I'll be able to force my device to work with my router when I have IPV6 enabled. Or maybe I'm wrong? Maybe there is a way to force it to work.

Anyway if I can't use OBi with IPV6 in my home, what device you can recommend for me?
Ideal will be something similar to that one I have now, but I can consider VOIP phone if I have to.

Thanks a lot

drgeoff

1.  I changed to an IPv6 enabled router more than 6 months ago and it had no impact on my OBi110.  What issue are you experiencing?

2.  OBi recently released the OBi212 though as yet it does not seem to be available outside N. America.  It is similar to the OBi110 in having 1 FXS and 1 FXO and similar to the OBi200 and Obi202 in having 4 Service Provider slots and a USB port.