News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PP Down But OBi Status Looked Normal

Started by ceg3, October 23, 2017, 08:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceg3

I picked up my phone yesterday and had a dial tone but calls didn't go through. I checked my OBI and all 3 led's were lit green and my Internet connection was not down.  I recycled my system and the service (PhonePower) was working again.  The problem may have been ongoing for a day or two, as I don't use my phone every day.

I am just wondering if there is a way to know there is a problem when all systems look like go.  What if you needed 911 and didn't know you were down?  I didn't try my GV number to see if it would make an outgoing call, but if it was my network that was the issue it's unlikely.  I called PP and they had no issues at the time I had my issue.

GPz1100

Before powercycling you probably should have logged into the device to view the STATUS page. Specifically under the SPx service status section.  That might yield some detail to your issue.

Generally the devices (obi20x) are pretty reliable.   The only major bug i've encountered related to this is broken dhcp when switching network subnets.  Specifically, say you have a router with subnet 192.168.1.0/24.  You change the subnet on that router to something like 192.168.10.0/24.  Unplug then replug the ethernet cable to the obi box.  Even though it's set to dhcp, the unit will continue to hold onto its previous ip.  You need to physically powercycle the obi unit to get the correct IP assignment.  A forced reboot (from gui interface) will not work.