News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do I identify which Obihai is using which number?

Started by PennyCat, October 28, 2017, 12:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PennyCat

I'm in the process of porting my number for Anveo to Google Voice.  I have two Obiha devices, and I'm trying to figure out which one Anveo is currently pointing to, so that when my number is ported I can then use my Obihai to use my GV number.

drgeoff

1.  Connect them both up and from your cellphone or whatever dial the Anveo number.  Which OBi rings?  You don't need a phone plugged in.  The LED with a nearby phone symbol will flash.

or

2.  Go to your OBi Dashboard at obihai.com and find the OBi that is registered to Anveo.  You should also see the unique 9 digit OBI number.  Look for that number on a sticker on the underneath of the two OBis.

PennyCat

That's my question:  How can I see if the Obi is registered to Anveo?  Or more specifically, where on Anveo can I find out which Obi it is configured for?

drgeoff

1. I've already given you two ways to identify which OBi is on your Anveo account.

2. Your Anveo control panel probably doesn't have info to identify which OBi. I don't have Anveo so cannot be certain about that.

3. Google doesn't care which OBi you use. You are porting a phone number to GV, not an OBi.

SteveInWA

Quote from: PennyCat on October 28, 2017, 03:35:14 PM
That's my question:  How can I see if the Obi is registered to Anveo?  Or more specifically, where on Anveo can I find out which Obi it is configured for?

Why can't you simply log onto your OBiTALK web portal and do this:

• Look at the list of your devices.  Click the "[Expand]" link to the right of the device, if necessary, to see the list of service providers configured on that device, SP1 through SP4.
  • Click on the SPx you configured.  Click to dismiss the emergency call warning box.  On the next page, look at the name of the Service Provider Proxy Server.  It should have Anveo's name in it if it's the correct device.

Taoman

Quote from: PennyCat on October 28, 2017, 03:35:14 PM

On Anveo web site you can only see the model number and firmware version of the OBi device. So unless you have different OBi models or firmware versions you wouldn't be able to tell which OBi device is registered to Anveo from the Anveo web site alone as drgeoff surmised.

From Anveo dashboard click on "How to connect" link to the right of "IP Phone/ATA Device" underneath Account Summary. Scroll down to SIP Status and you will see if your OBi device is registered and online along with registration server, registration time, ip address, etc.

SteveInWA and drgeoff have given you multiple ways to figure out which OBi device is registered to Anveo.