News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

no service configured error please log in to obitalk.com to configure

Started by martinsmithson, October 31, 2017, 04:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martinsmithson

PROBLEM RESOLVED

Hi,

This afternoon at approximately 4PM EDT my Obi202 stopped working on SP4 where the system echoed the following message...

no service configured error please log in to obitalk.com to configure your device

So I logged in to my account and discovered the status associated with SP4 stated...

Backing Off :
TCP connection to
125.202.125.75 failed

...instead of "Connected" as is typical.  At that time the status associated with SP1, SP2 and SP3 all stated "Connected" and I could dial out on each.  

Within two minutes, the status associated with SP1 changed from "Connected" to...

Backing Off :
TCP connection to
125.202.125.75 failed

Shortly thereafter the status associated SP2 and SP3 changed from "Connected" to...

Backing Off :
TCP connection to
125.202.125.75 failed

In addition to my OBI202, I have an OBI100.  While no line on my OBI202 was working, both lines on associated with my OBI100 were working.  

I left home and returned 2-1/2 hours later at 7:30 PM EDT to discover my OBI202 was still not working - where the status remains...

Backing Off :
TCP connection to
125.202.125.75 failed

...but NOW both lines on my OBI100 are not working.

Prior to posting I rebooted my router, rebooted OBI202 and OBI100 and both OBI units are still not working.

In addition, prior to posting, I scanned the current posts for today and did not find anyone posting a similar problem.  Either I am the first to report this issue or for some ghostly reason both my OBI202 and OBI100 crapped out one SP line after another for a total of six SP lines.

My Internet service is working perfectly and I have no trouble surfing or posting here at this obitalk forum.

I welcome any suggestions from fellow members or OBIHAI staffers who know of this problem and are working to resolve it today.

Thank you in advance for your support.

P.S.  This forum has updated since I created this posting and I now find two other OBi users have posted the exact same problem.

2017-11-01 UPDATES
# 1 . . . as of 12:57 AM EDT problem not resolved - OBI202 and OBI100 services remain backed off.
# 2 . . . as of 7:57 AM EDT problem not resolved - OBI202 and OBI100 services remain backed off.
# 3 . . . as of 12:07 PM EDT problem resolved - OBI202 and OBI100 are now "Connected" for all SP lines

drgeoff

Haven't you noticed the other threads with "backing off" in their titles active in the last day or two?

martinsmithson

Prior to you asking, haven't you noticed my post includes a P.S. (now in Red) which reads . . . P.S.  This forum has updated since I created this posting and I now find two other OBi users have posted the exact same problem.

Thanks for asking.

Rulo

Having the same problems with my Obi 200, but only with my 3 Google voice accounts, I have a VoIP.ms that works perfectly, the problem persists for me.
Any help from OBI?

Headman

I have been unable to get any service with my OBI100 for the past 5 days.
Powering down both the OBI and the  router has not helped.   Has anyone managed to solve the problem?
Headman

drgeoff

Quote from: Headman on December 11, 2017, 10:27:14 AM
I have been unable to get any service with my OBI100 for the past 5 days.
Powering down both the OBI and the  router has not helped.   Has anyone managed to solve the problem?
Headman
Sigh!

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13293.msg85549#msg85549