News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SOLVED . . . modify DNSServer1 or DNSServer2 on OBi202

Started by martinsmithson, November 02, 2017, 01:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martinsmithson

After reviewing the following OBi Support Administrator's post...

Re: TCP connection to 125.141.125.74 failed
« Reply #29 on: Today at 08:02:58 am »

Obihai support team is still looking into this issue.  In the mean time, please try the following in your OBiTALK account:

Click your OBi number 510xxxxxx (300XXXXXX, 200XXXXXX, 500XXXXXX, 630XXXXXX, 610XXXXXX, 600XXXXXX).

At SP1, delete your Google Voice account.

Click SP1 again, follow steps to re-authenticate back to your Google Voice account.

When "Connected", please make test calls in/out.

If status "Backing off..." remain, then click the OBi Expert Configuration blue button at bottom / Enter OBi Expert blue button.

Modify the DNSServer1 parameter value:  Select System Management / Network Settings / to DNSServer1 / input 4.2.2.2 (or 8.8.8.8 ).

Click Submit to save and your OBi device will reboot automatically.

Allow up to 1 minute to complete, check your Google Voice status for "Connected" then make test calls.

Please stay tuned and we will do a follow-up.

Thank you and best regards,
Obihai Technology, Inc

... I attempted to modify my DNSServers and the system restricted me from changing anything.  

When I click on the "Enter OBi Expert blue button" the system responds with Product Information that does not include any DNSServer options.

At the menu to the left, after selecting > Router Configuration > WAN Settings, I see DNSServer1 and DNSServer2 but the system will not allow any modifications.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

MS

drgeoff

There are two boxes at the right hand end of the line.  Clear both and then you can edit the field.

martinsmithson

SOLVED

Quote from: drgeoff on November 02, 2017, 02:38:20 PM
There are two boxes at the right hand end of the line.  Clear both and then you can edit the field.

Thank you, drgeoff.   ;D

I have to say I feel a bit of a STOOGE for not recognizing this fact.  Time to change my ID to Homer Simpson!

Prior to posting I unchecked the tic for "OBiTALK Settings" - then immediately saw the tic appear for "Device Default" but never tried to uncheck it. 

Thanks again, drgeoff!

Homer Simpson

SteveInWA

While it may fix other issues, this is not the solution to the current problem.

Please read:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13113.msg84139