News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Backing Off : TCP connection to 173.194.193.125 failed . . . is BACK AGAIN

Started by martinsmithson, November 03, 2017, 08:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

Quote from: heny on December 09, 2017, 09:57:32 PM
are those all possible to setup locally in the obi100 interface? any guide?

When you use OBiTalk to provision your OBi, the configuration is downloaded to your device. You just have to login locally and disable OBiTalk Provisioning and you're done.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning
Under OBiTalk Provisioning
Method: Disabled

Mr_C

Quote from: billsimon on December 05, 2017, 09:19:06 AM

Thanks for assuming I'm cool  ;)

To be very clear about the access Google Voice Gateway (and its proprietor) have:

You authorize systems that have our app credentials (specifically, any of the current 7 GVGW VoIP servers) to log in to your Google Chat account ONLY. There is no other access to your Google account, including the Google Voice page, SMSes, or anything else. Audio does pass through our servers, obviously, but it is not monitored (Who has time for that?) nor is it tracked in any way that would make it convenient or easy to do so. Use TLS to hide your signaling for good measure.

I have signed up simonics (paid $6) and updated the obitalk portal following the directions.  However, something is not working.  I am still getting Backing Off :TCP connection to 173.194.204.125 failed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks - Eric

bitstopjoe

Quote from: Mr_C on December 11, 2017, 03:07:46 AM
Quote from: billsimon on December 05, 2017, 09:19:06 AM

Thanks for assuming I'm cool  ;)

To be very clear about the access Google Voice Gateway (and its proprietor) have:

You authorize systems that have our app credentials (specifically, any of the current 7 GVGW VoIP servers) to log in to your Google Chat account ONLY. There is no other access to your Google account, including the Google Voice page, SMSes, or anything else. Audio does pass through our servers, obviously, but it is not monitored (Who has time for that?) nor is it tracked in any way that would make it convenient or easy to do so. Use TLS to hide your signaling for good measure.

I have signed up simonics (paid $6) and updated the obitalk portal following the directions.  However, something is not working.  I am still getting Backing Off :TCP connection to 173.194.204.125 failed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks - Eric

I had the same problem. I had to go into the OBiTalk dashboard and DELETE my OBi 110 and then go through the OBi install procedure ( ***5, etc). Then I re-did the Simonics install and after a few reboots, all worked. Give that a try and see.

Merry Christmas

Joe Sica

Mr_C

Quote from: bitstopjoe on December 11, 2017, 03:33:36 AM
I had the same problem. I had to go into the OBiTalk dashboard and DELETE my OBi 110 and then go through the OBi install procedure ( ***5, etc). Then I re-did the Simonics install and after a few reboots, all worked. Give that a try and see.

Merry Christmas

Joe Sica

Ha!  I was just getting ready to reply that I got it working by physically rebooting the Obi 110.  Thanks for the note

Eric

tower110

it seems simonics GVGW not allowing new signup now. I get this message -

<Sorry, we are temporarily not taking new users for Google Voice Gateway.>

Did anyone else got this message? Any other workaround?

jmsnyc

Hi,

I recently signed up for Simonics , followed the setup instructions in the linked thread , everything was working.  Now getting the "failed to receive a response from service provider" for outbound calls ???

I kept everything default too - on the Obi dashboard it shows offline

billsimon

Quote from: jmsnyc on December 12, 2017, 07:48:17 PM
Hi,

I recently signed up for Simonics , followed the setup instructions in the linked thread , everything was working.  Now getting the "failed to receive a response from service provider" for outbound calls ???

I kept everything default too - on the Obi dashboard it shows offline

I recommend you do a little troubleshooting of your network and make sure the settings you applied are still there. I do not see any reasons from the GVGW perspective that you should be unable to connect.

Abider

Quote from: LTN1 on November 08, 2017, 08:23:24 PM
Quote from: atom on November 08, 2017, 08:08:53 PM
Does anyone have the skills to compare the .fw files of the last obi2xx and the new obi2xx firmware that resolves this issue and somehow incorporate those changes into the latest obi110 firmware?

I have a friend, a software engineer. He moonlights doing these things. He charges about $200 per hour and says he can probably incorporate the codes from the 2XX into the 1XX--and will probably only take about 7.5 hours to do. I can put you in touch with him...or you can buy the OBi212 for $80. Hard to decide isn't it?

Wow only 7.5 hours!  Assuming that there was no hardware related reason to EOL the 1xx product line (big assumption) the break even point would only be 30 Obi100s. /s

Abider