News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't ping device to remove OBI200 from recovery mode per support page

Started by magicwine, November 04, 2017, 10:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicwine

I use Google Voice. Yesterday I couldn't get a dial tone, so knowing in the past unplugging the 200 and then replugging it in cleared problems, that's what I did. However, after that all I get is red and green alternating lights. Tried unplugging and waiting 1/2 hour or more and replugging in, still get red and green alternating lights.

Searching I found this means the device lost power while doing an update and it is in recovery mode. I followed the steps, downloading the firmware update. It stated to make sure you can ping the device's IP,  but cmd prompt tries 4 times and it can't reach the device and it can't log in to the devices webpage to upload the software either. This makes sense because the device is stuck.

So I have to assume based on the red and green alternating lights support page, that even with these lights, I should be able to ping and also access the ip address in a browser?

When I purchased the 200 I spent weeks on my own and with the support of helpful folks on this forum to finally get it to work, so I really don't want to factory reset it. What are my options to get it working again and clear the red and green alternating lights?

Thanks for your help.

Bob

drgeoff

Are you pinging the correct IP address?  How have you determined what address to ping?

(Please delete your duplicate post.)