News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

More than 5 Speed Dials on Obi1022 Line Keys?

Started by jamesatwork, November 04, 2017, 04:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesatwork

Greetings

Is there a way to use the line keys on the second screen of the Obi1022 as Speed Dials?

I can only access 5 line keys via Obitalk but I can see all 10 keys from the web management interface on the LAN

Nevertheless, the value of Key > 6 defaults back to 'Call appearance' vs 'Speed Dial' after saving and rebooting, and the second screen of the Obi1022 remains unassigned

Thanks for any pointers!

drgeoff

1. Use the Expert mode on the portal to get full access to settings.

2.  Unless you disable Obitalk provisioning any changes you make through the local web interface will be overwritten by the portal values when the phone is rebooted.  Choose one configuration method and stick to it.  That's the reason for the sticky post immediately above yours when you posted.  (http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=92.0)

jamesatwork

drgeoff thanks for the pointer -

I had found the expert mode to be a little finicky.

For example, changes to Line Keys seemed to be a 2 step process for me: Uncheck 'Obiltalk settings' -> submit -> change values -> submit

Also, as opposed to the web management interface, I was unable to see where I could define 'speed dial 99' values from Expert mode

Since this is a small SOHO setup, I don't think I will be needing provisioning. All I need to do is find how to disable it and keep using web management :)

Thanks again!

azrobert

To disable OBiTalk Provisioning:
System Management -> Auto Provisioning
Under OBiTalk Provisioning
Method: Disabled

If you want to continue provisioning from the OBiTalk:
You can access the 99 speed dials from the OBiTalk dashboard.
They are found on the left column under Add Device.
If you have multiple OBi devices, they all have the same speed dials.

jamesatwork

Azrobert - thanks a million

Quite logically, disabling of OBitalk Provisioning had to be done from within the web management  ;D

Amazing community - thanks