News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Distinctive ring by Service on OBi1022: X_DefaultRing setting wont work

Started by jamesatwork, November 06, 2017, 01:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesatwork

Greetings,

On OBi1022, I have been unable to set a distinctive ring by service (two GV services on SP1, SP2)

Expert Configuration -> Voice services -> X_DefaultRing wont impact the ringtone, even after changing the ringtone on the actual OBi1022 per page 59 of http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi1000-IP-Phones-User-Guide.pdf?v=2

Thanks for any suggestions!

drgeoff

Quote from: jamesatwork on November 06, 2017, 01:39:03 AM
Greetings,

On OBi1022, I have been unable to set a distinctive ring by service (two GV services on SP1, SP2)

Expert Configuration -> Voice services -> X_DefaultRing wont impact the ringtone, even after changing the ringtone on the actual OBi1022 per page 59 of http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi1000-IP-Phones-User-Guide.pdf?v=2

Thanks for any suggestions!
Your last post on this forum in another thread implies that you have chosen to configure your device using its local web interface and you have disabled Obitalk provisioning.  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13131.msg84273#msg84273

If so, why do you expect changing settings in Expert mode to have any effect?

jamesatwork

Glad to see that someone has been tracking my posts :)

I have factory reset the OBi1022 (can confirm provisioning is now set back to Method: Periodically) and am programing it in Expert Mode

The particular OBi1022 will be installed remotely after completing setup and testing on my LAN of my three trusted units (other two will be an OBi202 and probably one OBi1062)

Thanks!

drgeoff

X_DefaultRing selects 1 of 10 ring patterns (cadences) from the A or B collection.  Choice of A or B is made by X_RingProfile near the top of that list.  The 10 cadences in each of A or B are defined/editable in /RingSettings/RingProfile A or B.

The tone (music, jingle etc) itself is set in /Voice Services/SPx Service/X_RingToneFile.  There is no drop down select for that.  Type manually eg /data/ringtones/Office C.wav.  You have the inbuilt ones or you can load your own via USB stick.

jamesatwork

Ring pattern (cadence) variation is what I am aiming for and though SP1 defaults to X_RingProfile A and SP2 to X_RingProfile B, I made sure the values of X_DefaultRing point to a different RingPattern cadence so that RingPattern 1 is 60;(.4+.2,.4+2) and RingPattern 2 is 60;(2+4)

Unfortunately, I still get the same ring no matter which service is called despite stickiness of changes on the obitalk portal

When selecting a non-default value for the ring pattern, which of Device Default | OBitalk RingPattern Settings should be checked, if any?

Thanks!

drgeoff

1.  Even if you are configuring via the portal, looking at values via the local web interface is OK.  They always show what settings are in use.

2.  On the portal, unless both boxes at the right hand end of a line are clear, you cannot edit or enter a parameter value.

jamesatwork

QuoteWhen selecting a non-default value for the ring pattern, which of Device Default | OBitalk RingPattern Settings should be checked, if any?

Still trying to understand why I cant get the ring patterns to change depending on service

Short of any other explanation / solution,  I was thinking it may have something to do with the portal far right checkboxes (Device Default vs OBitalk Settings) the usage of which I am unclear

Taoman

Quote from: jamesatwork on November 06, 2017, 07:50:08 AM

Short of any other explanation / solution,  I was thinking it may have something to do with the portal far right checkboxes (Device Default vs OBitalk Settings) the usage of which I am unclear

What part of the statement below do you not understand?

Quote from: drgeoff on November 06, 2017, 07:28:12 AM

2.  On the portal, unless both boxes at the right hand end of a line are clear, you cannot edit or enter a parameter value.

jamesatwork

QuoteWhat part of the statement below do you not understand?

I do not have a problem editing the parameters
The question I had was the difference (On expert config menu) between checking
- Device Default vs
- OBitalk Settings vs
- none (while showing the values I have set)

Any new suggestions as to the original question (changing the cadence depending on service) would be appreciated

drgeoff

I've been testing with my 1032. (4666 firmware)

When I set the global default (/User Settings/User Preferences/DefaultRingTone) to /data/ringtones/Office A.wav I find the same as you reported.  Same ring even with different ring patterns.

If I set is to /data/ringtones/Office B.wav I do get differences.

Taoman

Quote from: jamesatwork on November 06, 2017, 08:10:05 AM

I do not have a problem editing the parameters
The question I had was the difference (On expert config menu) between checking
- Device Default vs
- OBitalk Settings vs
- none (while showing the values I have set)

This is an old post from when OBi Expert first came out. Although dated, it should help explain some things.

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=458.0

jamesatwork

@ drgeoff, Thanks for the suggestion - same strange behavior on my end as well: Obi1022 behaves as expected when using Office B!

@ Taoman, thanks for the pointer to Expert Configuration - I will be looking into the post