News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can’t call my cell phone from home phone connnected to Obi

Started by Martinelicohen, November 09, 2017, 08:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinelicohen

I set up a new obi in my home.  I connected it to a phone number with google voice.  It now successfully has the phone number. If you call that number, it rings at home. Wonderful.  Next, i call from the phone to every number I want and it successfully calls...with one exclusion.  My own cell phone number. For some reason, and I have been racking my brain trying to figure it out, when the home phone calls my cell phone, it goes straight to fast busies. I even deleted my phone as the number associated with the google voice account.  I even put someone else's number in connection to the google voice account. When i did that, it still didn't call my number but it did still work for my friend's number.  This makes no sense to me. How do i make it so that the voip landline phone at home can call my cell phone number? Thanks!

SteveInWA

Hi:

This isn't an OBi problem, as your good troubleshooting steps demonstrated.

Which mobile phone service provider are you using?  Can every other caller who calls your mobile phone number via regular telephone calls successfully reach that number (it rings and you can answer it)?