News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Fwd incoming Obi calls from a 1022

Started by jamesatwork, November 10, 2017, 10:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesatwork

Greetings

Trying to setup an Obi1022 to unconditionally forward incoming ObiTalk calls to a cell phone, I get an voice error message 'The number you dialed pp(xxxxxx) was rejected by service provider, reason 404'

Even tried specifying the service number for the dialout (**1 xxx xxx xxxx) but no love

Forwarding of other services (SP1, SP2) works without a problem

I am looking for an easy solution from the actual 1022 (vs programming a star code)

Thanks!

drgeoff

Quote from: jamesatwork on November 10, 2017, 10:08:08 AM
Greetings

Trying to setup an Obi1022 to unconditionally forward incoming ObiTalk calls to a cell phone, I get an voice error message 'The number you dialed pp(xxxxxx) was rejected by service provider, reason 404'

Even tried specifying the service number for the dialout (**1 xxx xxx xxxx) but no love

Forwarding of other services (SP1, SP2) works without a problem

I am looking for an easy solution from the actual 1022 (vs programming a star code)

Thanks!

pp(9 digit number) is for reaching an Obi device over the Obitalk network.  If you want to forward to a cellphone or POTS number set the Obitalk X_InboundCallRoute to sp1(1234567890) . (Or sp2.)

jamesatwork

drgeoff thanks for you feedback

As opposed to SPn, Expert Config -> OBiTALK Service does not seem to have an X_InboundCallRoute parameter

It does have a CallForwardUnconditionalEnable checkbox and a CallForwardUnconditionalNumber param, but these would (I assume) be fixed vwhile I am looking for the ability to program and toggle from the actual 1022

drgeoff

Quote from: jamesatwork on November 10, 2017, 11:05:22 AM
drgeoff thanks for you feedback

As opposed to SPn, Expert Config -> OBiTALK Service does not seem to have an X_InboundCallRoute parameter

It does have a CallForwardUnconditionalEnable checkbox and a CallForwardUnconditionalNumber param, but these would (I assume) be fixed vwhile I am looking for the ability to program and toggle from the actual 1022

The Expert mode for my 1032 does have an InboundCallRoute (sorry, no X_).  However that setting is also fixed - you did say "unconditionally".  If you want to be able to toggle from the 1022 I'm fairly sure you will need to use a star code.

jamesatwork

By 'unconditional' I met not subject to busy / no answer state :)

I did find a prior thread for programming *72, but it relates to forwarding a OTS line vs my requirement for forwarding the OBiTalk line:

*72, Cfwd LI1 to SP1, set(LI1($cfa),1)

Can anyone point to the correct setting for forwarding the OBiTalk line to an external line using an SPn service?

Thanks!

drgeoff

Quote from: jamesatwork on November 10, 2017, 01:19:39 PM
By 'unconditional' I met not subject to busy / no answer state :)

I did find a prior thread for programming *72, but it relates to forwarding a OTS line vs my requirement for forwarding the OBiTalk line:

*72, Cfwd LI1 to SP1, set(LI1($cfa),1)

Can anyone point to the correct setting for forwarding the OBiTalk line to an external line using an SPn service?

Thanks!
This is the third time I typed a reply.  Forum crash lost two previous attempts.  >:(

Use your imagination!
Try

*72, Forward Obitalk on, set(PP($cfa),1)

and to turn off using, say, *73
*73, Forward Obitalk off, set(PP($cfa),0)

assuming you have set CallForwardUnconditionalNumber on the Obitalk Service page using the SP1(1234567890) format in my earlier post.

Pages 81 and 201-203 of the series 1000 Admin Guide.