News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi1062 - I can add six numbers, SP1 - SP6, but what are the advantages?

Started by gulliver, November 15, 2017, 05:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gulliver

I bought an OBi1062 for my business partner and I added his and my google voice numbers to it. I'm not sure why I added my number ... now his phone rings every time I am called (which we do not want).

What is the advantage of using SP2 - SP6? Why would I want to have multiple lines that ring when called?

SteveInWA

It's a business-class telephone.  Many businesses have lots of different phone numbers.  You don't have to use the other SPs if you don't want them.  The phone is just more feature-capable than you happen to need.

gulliver

To formulate a a technical question out of this ... when I added two GV numbers to the Obi1062, it would ring both numbers when each is called.

If my partner has both his number and my number on his phone; I see the benefit of monitoring and speed dialing, however, if his phone rings when someone calls me ... it is just annoying.

Is there a way of turning the ringing off for my number on his phone?

If so, everything makes sense.

N7AS

Let's say the GoogleVoice line that you don't want to ring is on SP2 just go to the following:

Voice Services > SP2 Service > X-InboundCallRoute and enter {}

If a call comes in on that SP slot the phone will not ring.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

gulliver

Great, thanks.

Right now we're using an OBi202 and OBi1062 to cover three of us in the office (OBi202 handles 2 people). I still need to set up extensions to transfer calls. If we need more functionality, we will all get OBi1062s and have each others numbers on each phone.