News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 T.38 does not work on Freepbx 14 with Asterisk 14 PJSIP

Started by mlaihk, November 13, 2017, 07:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlaihk

My AIO printer is connected via OBI202 to my local freepbx server and with Freepbx13 (PJSIP) everything works.  It can fax in/out thru my freepbx13 via my service provider.  However, on Freepbx14, it seems that obi202 is having trouble talking with the freepbx14 via T.38!  They will not communicate in T.38 with the same settings where Freepbx13 used to work.  The Freepbx14 server has no problem sending and receiving fax from my service provided using T.38 so I don't think it is a freepbx14/asterisk/pjsip issue.....

Anybody has similar experience?

hapollo

Have you considered installing Hylafax on your Asterisk? I had reliability problems with my OBi110 and Obi200 and installed Hylafax.  Compared to faxing on an OBi, it's 100% reliable for me.

Just need to set it up properly. Not sure if these instructions apply to asterisk 14 anymore but a google search might point you to any new setup procedures.

http://the-asterisk-book.com/1.6/faxserver-mit-iaxmodem-und-hylafax.html

mlaihk

Thanks but needed to connect a fax machine via the OBI202.
Figured it out.  I just needed to add the entries to the pjsip endpoint custom_post.conf file and the OBI202 works in T.38 mode with PJSIP beautifully!

hapollo

Glad you resolved it.

But only reason I see to have a fax machine these days is faxing hard copies that aren't in PDF/Jpeg format yet. Otherwise, I still find Hylafax a better solution for most.