News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multiple Google Voice #s to Obi202 on each line

Started by GTrobaugh, November 27, 2017, 10:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTrobaugh

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how I can easily use more than 1 Google voice number on each of the Obi202 lines. Two or more per line.

I currently have several Google Voice numbers.

Thanks, Greg

SteveInWA

Hi Greg:

There is nothing magic involved.  Simply configure your desired Google Voice accounts on SP1--SP4, using the OBiTALK portal dashboard.  When doing that, it will have check-boxes on the forms to select which SP rings which physical phone line jack for inbound calls, and which SP to use as the default for outbound calls when you pick up the phone.

Disclaimers: 

• You should also subscribe to E911 service, since GV cannot make emergency calls.
  • Google Voice is not intended for business use, and obtaining multiple Google Voice numbers may be considered abuse of the service.  Google can shut down user accounts without warning if its automation detects commercial use patterns, e.g., many short-duration calls during a given time period, or other behavior suggesting a call center.