News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi100 stopped working

Started by Wilbour, November 20, 2017, 07:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilbour

My faithful 100 stopped working this week. Quickly updated to the 200 and had it up and running in a flash. Biggest hurdle was to rewire the house for dual lines. See the 100 allowed for both POTS and VoIP to run through the unit so a digimap handled the exchange between the two.

Now I set up a dual line phone with an option for either. After a crash course on using all 4 wires and 2 lines I'm almost up and running.

What can I say, my wife refuses to drop the POTS line. What I didn't tell her was that the new setup uses VoIP by default. Pretty much the only time the POTS line will be used from now on is to receive calls from local callers.

Our families from another country call a local number for them and it rings my GV line (not to mention my cell #)

The things we do to keep the peace.

drgeoff

Quote from: Wilbour on November 20, 2017, 07:06:37 PMSee the 100 allowed for both POTS and VoIP to run through the unit so a digimap handled the exchange between the two.
Did you actually have an OBi110?  Otherwise I'd be very interested to know how you had POTS running through an OBi100.

Wilbour