News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

upgraded to the 200 and phonepower wont register

Started by ford12acing, November 29, 2017, 09:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ford12acing

wasted two hours today with phonepower support and they couldn't figure it out. the obihai is registered so i know it's connected to the internet. keep getting registration failed with phonepower. they have no idea why. i forwarded all the ports as listed here

https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/ports-to-keep-open-on-my-router

but still nothing. this is becoming extremely frustrating. i feel like i should return this product. obi100 was working fine until 2 weeks ago.

i have google wifi and i dont see anything about sip alg on it. they (phonepower) wanted me to open up dmz which i'm not going to do and expose my network like that.

drgeoff

1.  Port opening in not the same thing as port forwarding.  Most home routers have facilities for port forwarding but I have yet to encounter one with user settings for port opening.  That port opening stuff is really about corporate firewalls etc and can be ignored by those using home routers.  The port 10000 is used by Obitalk and is irrelevant SIP providers such as PhonePower.  Confirm that you can reach the echo test number **9 222 222 222, then remove any treatment of port 10000 on your router and try the echo test number again.

2.  Is this a new PhonePower account or one that you had working on your OBi100?  Is it the only service you are configuring on the OBi200?  What method are you using to configure?

Taoman

Quote from: ford12acing on November 29, 2017, 09:35:21 PM
i forwarded all the ports as listed here

https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/ports-to-keep-open-on-my-router

As already mentioned, none of what is referenced in the link you posted has anything to do with "forwarding" ports.

Either you are reaching the PP proxy server or you're not. If you're not, you need to determine what is blocking it. Was PP support able to tell you whether your OBi was hitting their servers or not?
If you are reaching their servers, you need to determine the error you are receiving that is denying registration. When looking at the Status page of your OBi, do you see any kind of error message or SIP error code when it tries to register with PP?

Have you tried changing the X_UserAgentPort to 12060?
https://www.phonepower.com/wiki/Obihai_plans#Obihai_SIP_Port_Change

ProfTech

Quote from: ford12acing on November 29, 2017, 09:35:21 PM
i have google wifi and i dont see anything about sip alg on it. they (phonepower) wanted me to open up dmz which i'm not going to do and expose my network like that.

Interestingly, I was fighting a similar issue with Google Fiber and CallWithUs recently. CWU blamed it on sip alg there also. We switched to Flowroute and it is fine. But you only need to put the Obi in the DMZ long enough to test 1/2 hour should do it and it doesn't expose anything except the Obi. Anyway, I agree it sounds like you need to follow Phone Powers instructions in their FAQ.

*edited* It is a good idea to change the user agent port to a different one than 5060 anyway. It lessens the chance that hackers could gain access to your phone. The 200 also has 2 other changes you can make to improve security but I don't know if they will work with PhonePower.