News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 - Provisioning tool to obtain SIPdefault.cnf.xml file

Started by wadedan, November 27, 2017, 11:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wadedan

Greetings all,

I recently purchased OBI202 device for my home office with the intent on using an existing ip phone. I seem be running into a problem when I run the provisioning tool. As i understand, My ip phone (7942G)requires a sip MACxxxxx.cnf.xml file to complete the phone registration process. In reviewing several other forums, it was suggested I contact obihai since I will be using the Obihai202 with GV.

The steps referenced on the provisioning tool manual requires the following:

1. Install Tftp Server - I have tftpd32.jounin.net

2. Create a backup of the target device at: System Management / Device update / Backup Configuration 'use obi Version' must be checked is indicated in the manual.
If anyone can help identify where I need to go to initiate the back up configuration, I think this will allow me  to generate a SIP default.cnf .xml file

3. Run ObiProv
4. Select file/Output $BM Files

Any helpful suggestions would certainly be appreciated.

drgeoff

At least one of us is utterly confused!

The file generated by that menu option on an OBi contains all the configuration settings (except passwords) of that OBi device.  I don't see how that file can be used by any other non-OBi device.

If your only requirement for the 202 is to use GoogleVoice on your SIP IP phone, you might consider not using the 202 at all and instead use the Simonics GV Gateway.  https://simonics.com/gw