News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Network Status IP Address Not Available Please Review FAQ reason 00

Started by curt00, December 04, 2015, 02:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curt00

Everything was working fine.  Then I moved to a new home and plugged everything in.  When I pick up the phone, I hear the dial tone.  After I dial a number, I get the following message:

"Network Status IP Address Not Available Please Review FAQ reason 00"

Can anyone tell me how to fix?

I've turned everything off and on again (modem, router, Obi202 adapter), but to no avail.

drgeoff

Try turning everything off again and then power them as follows:

1.  Power on the modem
2.  Wait 2 minutes
3.  Power on the router
4.  Wait 2 minutes
5.  Power on the OBi.
6.  Wait 1 minute
7.  Make a test call by dialling **9 222 222 222.

curt00

Quote from: drgeoff on December 04, 2015, 02:46:17 PM
Try turning everything off again and then power them as follows:

1.  Power on the modem
2.  Wait 2 minutes
3.  Power on the router
4.  Wait 2 minutes
5.  Power on the OBi.
6.  Wait 1 minute
7.  Make a test call by dialling **9 222 222 222.

Thanks for your suggestion.  I tried it but I still got the same message:

"Network Status IP Address Not Available Please Review FAQ reason 00"

Is there anything else I can try?

curt00

The power light on the Obi adapter flashes slowly (once per second approximately).  Is this a clue?  Is it supposed to be flashing?

curt00

I just figured out the mistake on my part.  My ethernet cable was connected to the LAN port instead of the Internet port.  After I connected to the Internet port, it worked.  Problem solved.

Thanks anyways.

BGood

curt00, don't feel like the lone ranger, and thanks for the write-up. 

See my similar post at https://community.ring.to/message/6016#6016

trabtw

my obi is connected to the lan port. FAQ Reason 00 OK I've done a factory reset. obihai 200 has blinking power led -network led pulsates green signal. Dialing  **5 9873 gives  network status  52 not available. FING shows unknown device IP 192.168.0.13 That is obihai 200. How do I get obi talk to recognize my obihai 200?

drgeoff

Quote from: trabtw on November 21, 2017, 11:30:15 AM
my obi is connected to the lan port. FAQ Reason 00 OK I've done a factory reset. obihai 200 has blinking power led -network led pulsates green signal. Dialing  **5 9873 gives  network status  52 not available. FING shows unknown device IP 192.168.0.13 That is obihai 200. How do I get obi talk to recognize my obihai 200?
Please do not post the same question in more than one place.

robbieh

I am having this exact problem. Everything was fine when we left for vacation on Wednesday, today it's not working. Nothing has changed on my network. My other devices are getting their IP addresses just fine, but I still checked my DHCP settings on my router and rebooted it to make sure it was cleared. But still, my Obi won't get an IP address - blinking green power light and the same "network status IP address not available" when I try to use it. I tried to follow the link in the FAQ for this problem, but it went to a broken link.

Let me add, I tried two network cables and finally moved the Obi to the router itself and plugged it directly into the switch, so it's not a network issue.

robbieh

Well, rack it up to a lousy DLink / Verizon router. I finally got around to putting my good 'ol Sophos UTM 9 VM router back up and it's working now. I still don't know why it wasn't working with the DLink, but I'm not for finding the root cause today.