News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Automatically hang up on an incoming call

Started by david2, December 08, 2017, 07:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

david2

Is there a way to configure an OBi202 to automatically hang up on an incoming call?

What I'm after is something that simulates someone picking up a telephone on an incoming call and immediately putting it back on the hook. I don't want to divert callers to voicemail or anything like that.

azrobert

You have to route the call to a service that will answer the call.

The only way I know to accomplish exactly what you want is to get a free account at Tropo, create an app that answers a call then hangs up. Route the call to your Tropo app.

You could delete the prompts and routing rules from the OBi Auto Attendant then route the call to the AA. The caller will hear silence, but after several seconds it will timeout and the caller will hear "There is no call route available".

A free Callcentric account can route the call to a Busy or error message.

If you are interested in any of these, I'll show you how.

Taoman

Quote from: azrobert on December 08, 2017, 08:36:28 AM

A free Callcentric account can route the call to a Busy or error message.

Unless you're forwarding from Google Voice. In that case you would need to route to an IVR and choose "Busy tone/Line disconnect."   

david2

Quote from: azrobert on December 08, 2017, 08:36:28 AM
You could delete the prompts and routing rules from the OBi Auto Attendant then route the call to the AA. The caller will hear silence, but after several seconds it will timeout and the caller will hear "There is no call route available".

If you are interested in any of these, I'll show you how.

I am interested in the AA method. I wonder if it's possible to change the timeout and disable or change the "There is no call route available" recording. Perhaps make a 1 second silent recording to use in its place.

ProfTech

You can configure the Obi to simply give any & all callers a busy signal. Unless you are talking about a 212 or 110 and a call coming from the POTS line. That might act differently. Never tried it.

david2

Quote from: ProfTech on December 08, 2017, 09:51:46 AM
You can configure the Obi to simply give any & all callers a busy signal. Unless you are talking about a 212 or 110 and a call coming from the POTS line. That might act differently. Never tried it.
I don't think that works with Google Voice, which is what I'm using.

azrobert

You can change all the AA prompts, but not that message. I timed it and you get 20 seconds of silence before the message. Instead of deleting the AA prompts you can replace them with a recording of a busy, dial tone or anything you want. The recording can be longer. The AA is single thread, so if a 2nd call arrives while the AA is processing a call, a real busy will be produced and the call will be routed to GV voicemail.

Use OBi Expert to make the following changes:

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant
DigitMap: (0)
OutboundCallRoute: {}
AnswerDelay: 0

Change all the Prompt values under Auto Attendant 1 Prompts to: &pause()
This will delete the prompt.

Are you selectively routing calls to AA or all calls?
Do you know how?