News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Sharing a single GV # with 2 or more Obi 100s

Started by logjam, December 11, 2017, 08:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logjam

I've been trying to post this question on the simonics forum, but cannot get past the stupid ReCaptcha no matter what I try.  Anyway, and I apologize if this has been answered, but I didn't find anything to answer my question:

I just got hit by the "Backing off" error on both my Obi 100 units.
When they were working, I had my main unit at home with my primary phone number ringing on it. At work, I had a 2nd unit with a different number. 
I has set it up so that if anyone called my primary number at home, it would also ring at work (I believe the term is trunking?). This was working flawlessly.

Anyway, I would like to know if the following scenario is possible:

Using the Simonics gvgw on both units... could both units share the same incoming gv phone number, instead of having to mess with trunking configs? Since these will be setup as SIP devices, is this doable?

Many thanks!

logjam

Thank you for such a speedy reply!

One more for you:

I also have an Obi200.  Since it works with the latest updates Obihai has pushed out, will it work with the same GV number I'll be using as the 2 SIP devices I previously mentioned via the simonics gw?  Or, is it that once my number is registered with simonics, that all devices must be setup as SIP ATAs?

Thanks again!

Taoman

Quote from: logjam on December 11, 2017, 10:29:42 AM
Or, is it that once my number is registered with simonics, that all devices must be setup as SIP ATAs?

Correct answer.......more or less. Depends on what you mean by "all devices."

You can set up a spare smartphone using WiFi and use Hangouts with your GV number and it will work fine in conjunction with Simonics. But if your 200 will use the same GV number as your 100 devices you'll have to go thru Simonics.