Nothing audible with outgoing calls - Obi100 with Simonics GVGW

Started by precht, December 11, 2017, 06:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPz1100

Bill, does the UA get transmitted further upstream beyond gvgw?
.
.

Never mind.  It was a punt at best.  

Crow550

My thread on this: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13312.0

Hangouts fine. Through a Cellphone number fine. Through Google Home fine.

Just Obihai Google Voice calling to other Google Voice numbers. Or dialing own to check Voicemail. Receiving calls is fine. Just placing to other G-Voice numbers. No audio.

Taoman

Anyone have an OBi10xx IP phone that also has a Simonics account? If so, would you be willing to register to Simonics with your OBi IP phone and then try calling another Google Voice number to see what happens?

SteveInWA? Didn't you say you had a Simonics account?

SteveInWA

I can't duplicate this issue, and Google won't even consider looking at it, unless at least 10 users are experiencing it at the "doesn't work at all" level.

taliesien

I'm having the same issue, no audio when trying to call my own # to check voicemail or to other GV/obihai users.  brand new 200 replacing my 100 which stopped working last week.  experienced user since 2012 so no I don't have anything configured wrong. 

SteveInWA

I'm sleep-deprived today.  I have some time to test it tomorrow, and I have three different test/troubleshooting Google Voice accounts, so I'll see if I can duplicate it.  Taoman, good idea about trying the IP phone to see if it's limited to the 20x models.  Yes, I have a spare 1022 IP phone along with my "production" 1032 and 2182, so I have a lot of permutations.

Off-topic, but I've also been trying to carve out test time to figure out why OBi IP phones (which all have OPUS wideband CODEC support) configured with Callcentric numbers will negotiate to use OPUS when no CC call treatments are used, but they can only do G.711 when one of the phones is part of a simulring call treatment group.  Sheesh, VoIP sure has too many things that can go south.

precht

Quote from: SteveInWA on December 12, 2017, 06:34:16 PM
I'm sleep-deprived today.  I have some time to test it tomorrow, and I have three different test/troubleshooting Google Voice accounts, so I'll see if I can duplicate it.  Taoman, good idea about trying the IP phone to see if it's limited to the 20x models.  Yes, I have a spare 1022 IP phone along with my "production" 1032 and 2182, so I have a lot of permutations.

Off-topic, but I've also been trying to carve out test time to figure out why OBi IP phones (which all have OPUS wideband CODEC support) configured with Callcentric numbers will negotiate to use OPUS when no CC call treatments are used, but they can only do G.711 when one of the phones is part of a simulring call treatment group.  Sheesh, VoIP sure has too many things that can go south.

Thank you, look forward to your testing!

Misha11

I have noticed the same thing.  My setup is configured with an obi100 gvgw. When I dial my other google voice number that forwards to a cell I get no audio.  Calling the cell directly works. One thing that I did notice is if I let it ring for a longer set of rings, i.e I don't answer immediately, the call will go through just fine with audio.

billsimon

This morning one of my GV numbers is showing this behavior.

Taoman

Quote from: billsimon on December 13, 2017, 05:46:13 AM
This morning one of my GV numbers is showing this behavior.

Today when I make the same call I made yesterday from one OBi200 using Simonics to another OBi200 with (XMPP) Google Voice configured on it.... now works fine. Yesterday I got a 480 SIP error every time I tried it and I have made no configuration changes.

Although, I'm still unclear why it worked with a softphone (registered to Simonics) yesterday and not an OBi device.

Louis-in-TX

asked to repost this here as it may be related:

original post elsewhere:
     
My brother has an OBI 200 (his OBI dashboard showing "connected") which had been working fine.  Now, when he calls my OBI 200, the phone rings at my end and I can answer but hear nothing.  At his end, it keeps ringing?  He can receive calls OK.  My OBI 200 seems to work fine when I place/receive calls from other numbers.

Update:
Phone working OK now in recent test.  Did not change anything I know of.

TedR

I have observed a similar no audio behavior with my google voice numbers (using Obi100 & Obi202), especially when receiving calls (inbound). I also experienced the abruptly dropped call as soon as I received a call using android Hangouts (Samsung S8+). Both inbound calls were made from VOIP (my other google voice and my company's Interactive Intelligence CIC phone). Outgoing calls were fine.

billsimon

Quote from: billsimon on December 13, 2017, 05:46:13 AM
This morning one of my GV numbers is showing this behavior.

The problem has gone away on this number.

precht

Quote from: billsimon on December 13, 2017, 03:05:54 PM
Quote from: billsimon on December 13, 2017, 05:46:13 AM
This morning one of my GV numbers is showing this behavior.

The problem has gone away on this number.

Very glad to report the same for both my Obi's and their respective GV accounts/numbers. Haven't changed any settings on my Obi devices, router, etc., but calls are all going through now.

Have tried using my Obi's with GVGW to call multiple GV numbers, including to forwarded numbers, to desktop Hangouts, and to my other Obi, and all had no issues answering with audio.

Very relieved to see someone/something resolved this -- do we know if it was on the Google Voice side, all along? And unrelated to Obitalk or the Simonics GVGW? As it appears several Obi200 users were affected, as well...

SteveInWA

Just to be clear, this specific symptom (calls from one GV/XMPP endpoint to another ring, but the session doesn't set up, thus not sending/receiving audio) was/is not caused by GVGW.  Some GVGW users have posted issues that may have had other root causes with their GVGW/SIP/OBi configuration, which could complicate identifying the actual issue.

Is anyone still having this issue?  I chatted with one of my contacts at Google Voice today.  In this scenario (one GV number calling another via XMPP), the calls are "on-net", meaning that they aren't traversing the PSTN, but instead, carried over the internal network.  There have been some isolated incidents of the called endpoint ringing, but the call setup doesn't complete, so there's no audio stream.  It hasn't been widespread enough to identify the root cause, so if this goes down hard again, they can investigate it further.

As a side note, as with most large companies, software and infrastructure changes are coming to a year-end freeze, and this means, on the plus side, I don't expect anything else to mysteriously break.   ::)  On the minus side, if this issue surfaces again this month, I don't expect anyone will be able to work on it.

taliesien

Quote from: SteveInWA on December 13, 2017, 04:02:24 PM
Is anyone still having this issue?

Yep.  I know of three people including myself still experiencing (as of 7:40 pm EST) what I describe in this post:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13312.msg85763#msg85763

billsimon

Quote from: billsimon on December 13, 2017, 03:05:54 PM
Quote from: billsimon on December 13, 2017, 05:46:13 AM
This morning one of my GV numbers is showing this behavior.

The problem has gone away on this number.

This morning the problem is back on the same number (but not on my other numbers, which were never affected).

LTN1

Quote from: SteveInWA on December 13, 2017, 04:02:24 PM
Just to be clear, this specific symptom (calls from one GV/XMPP endpoint to another ring, but the session doesn't set up, thus not sending/receiving audio) was/is not caused by GVGW.  Some GVGW users have posted issues that may have had other root causes with their GVGW/SIP/OBi configuration, which could complicate identifying the actual issue.

Is anyone still having this issue?  I chatted with one of my contacts at Google Voice today.  In this scenario (one GV number calling another via XMPP), the calls are "on-net", meaning that they aren't traversing the PSTN, but instead, carried over the internal network.  There have been some isolated incidents of the called endpoint ringing, but the call setup doesn't complete, so there's no audio stream.  It hasn't been widespread enough to identify the root cause, so if this goes down hard again, they can investigate it further.

As a side note, as with most large companies, software and infrastructure changes are coming to a year-end freeze, and this means, on the plus side, I don't expect anything else to mysteriously break.   ::)  On the minus side, if this issue surfaces again this month, I don't expect anyone will be able to work on it.

Just to let you know, Steve, I also have been experiencing this issue with half of my GV numbers this morning--sporadically--but I have kept track of them nor has it risen to the point where I would post at the GV forum yet. If it continues throughout the morning, I'll keep track and post over at the GV forum.

taliesien

Quote from: billsimon on December 14, 2017, 06:24:29 AM
Quote from: billsimon on December 13, 2017, 03:05:54 PM
Quote from: billsimon on December 13, 2017, 05:46:13 AM
This morning one of my GV numbers is showing this behavior.

The problem has gone away on this number.

This morning the problem is back on the same number (but not on my other numbers, which were never affected).

I'm now experiencing this behavior as well.  It suddenly worked last night when I tested by checking VM before bed but was not working again this morning when I left for work.  Working again when I came home for lunch...  so I expect it will be back to not working again this evening if it follows the pattern I'm seeing in other users posts. 

Crow550

I've also noticed ghost voicemails where it says on my Phone I have a voicemail and open the app and nothing....

Friend's phone alerted them of an old, old voicemail....

Bizarre.